SXS rules in Australia

OFFROADSWAPMEET

SXS racing rules ? I would like to see a SXS rule book that has been inforced to all Australian SXS racers? If anybody has pictures of these SXS's that race in Australia please post them up! World of racing.

I found this, it's more of a promo but cool just the same .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqML0lnWeI"]Polaris Attack - YouTube[/ame]

Need only ask Daniel I'm around. I'd love to know the extent of your interest, just curiosity or doing something? Why would you like to see this "book"?

What the current state of rules is that CAMs who is the main and almost only car rules organisation in Australia have granted production SXS's racing status in what they call "Production 4wd" for the moment with safety modifications like solid doors 6 point cages etc. Apart from CAMs there is another rock crawling/winch event type organisation that have their own rules events and insurance.

They are racing mainly in Motorkhana or Khanacross events and Ive seen Hill climb events advertised. With a class declared by CAMs all a race organiser do under CAMs is apply for a permit and you can even say for cars in 4wd production class under 1500lbs to make sure you just get SXS's in the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7EggrTEL8&feature=player_embedded#!

Khanacross_Awaba_State_6_180911_0242-c-w.jpg

Khanacross_Awaba_State_6_180911_0245-c-w.jpg

This was a recent state titles.

In Australia SXS racing is completely new, as I was saying to Crowdog the other day, we do not have a legacy of UTV's that were around and people suddenly said lets race them and started to build them up. I started my own company 2 years ago to support the expansion of SXS racing to come.

We now have this interim class but rules are being designed around a new class called G class and my hope at this time is that will cater for production and modified SXS's for racing.

I have set up with the president of an existing buggy organisation in my state that they will incorporate SXS's into their organisation as the first ever SXS club in Australia.

All this is building towards a successful racing season from January next year being our racing calender year. This year even in Production 4wd class SXS's were able to gain entry into the 2nd biggest rally event in the country and next year I hope that will include the biggest single event in the Australian Safari. Also hopefully there will be a full season of racing in the Australian national rally series.

Between events like Motorkhana's, club racing, one off events and preparation and any Australian Rally rounds near you it would be a very full year of racing.

As I said love to know why you'd like to see such a book and what would you like to use it for?

Cheers

Gavin

I have helped promote a couple of UTV RACES myself here in SoCal. Check out PALA GP 2010.

I was just curious on the type of rules they carry across the world.

Keep us posted on all the races followed with pics and race reports.

RACE TIME,
Daniel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back