Seat recommendation from racers?

Danny11d

I'm building an XP for WORCS and short course (Vorra in N.CA) and plan to replace the stock seats. I'm totally new to the sport and am looking for something comfortable that has some decent side support and doesn't sit too high and/or close to the steering wheel. Seemingly there's a lot to choose from out there at different price points. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'd appreciate it.

DO

I am not a racer but think I could offer you some insight here....

2 seats I really like for your XP

1. The BEARD Super TZ. It looks amazing, arguably the best looking seat on the market. We sponsored Scott Kiger of Factory Polaris/National Guard Team Yokley and he LOVES these seats!

1004_atvp_11_z+2008_polaris_ranger_RZR+seats.jpg

supersize.jpg

2. The PRP RZR GT Seat. I have the PRP Competition High Backs in my RZR4 but love the look and styling of the new PRP GT seat. It large openings for easy removal in terms of pulling your harnesses through. One thing I really like about the PRP lineup is you can have Aaron set you up with his welded on tabs which eliminate the seat base. You just bolt in your stock RZR latches and you will lower your ride even further!

PRP Seats. RZR GT Suspension Seat

You can buy both styles of seats from Tom and Michelle at RHINO PARTS AND PERFORMANCE. You will get great pricing and if you tell them you are a UTVUnderground.com member they will give you even more love!!!!

Kirkey seat from summit racing. Aluminum frame with foam insert, alot more comfortable than they look but you will not have to keep tightening you belts due to seat deflection. The suspension seats are just as described, they give a cushy seat but your belts will need to be tightened as you ride.

I run PRP competition seats and when I stop the car I don't want to get out.
They have way better product now and different styles,for the price I would call PRP seats and they still have quality. Vinyl Is easy to clean.Get your belts and window nets at the same place.

I really appreciate the comments from you guys. It really helps. Anyone here doing WORCS, SCORE or BITD? Just curious about your experiences racing with these guys. Regardless, I have some homework to do with the names you dropped. Thanks again.

Danny

Wadded up XP that's in the process of being rebuilt into something that's (hopefully) competitive.

Kirkey seat from summit racing. Aluminum frame with foam insert, alot more comfortable than they look but you will not have to keep tightening you belts due to seat deflection. The suspension seats are just as described, they give a cushy seat but your belts will need to be tightened as you ride.

Thats what I've got, works much better than you would think. I get a much better "feel" for what the car is doing.

I run Mastercraft 3Gs. Super comfortable. If I was going to run a shell type of seat instead of a suspension seat, I would run a Sparco.

I run BITD and have been through a variety of different seats over the years. Right now I'm running the Podium seat from PRP. This has to be my favorite seat by far. What's awesome is Aaron worked with me when building this seat to fine tune the padding in it to get it to my liking. PRP also makes a great line of direct bolt in seats for your RZR as well. I just put a set of their GTs in my play Teryx and think they are great as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back