RZR S build and hello

During this time I also put on a +8 kit. I many people to thank for getting me dialed in with this setup. First, Casey from Socal Supertrucks for setting me up with Brian and Randy from Walker Evans Racing. I briefly spoke with Randy, and spent a lot of time with Brian. They have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to setting up rzr suspension. They were a huge help in getting my shocks set up correctly. For my arms, I have heard nothing but great things about the XMF kits. I called Scott at XMF, he spent a lot of time with me on the phone going over all the different setups people run, as well as the pluses and minuses of each. I decided to go with their +8 kit and do the bolt-on setup with 8" shocks.

The installation went pretty smoothly, other than those messy CV joints haha. I'm running a Gear One steering rack, so I had to get my own steering tie rods cut out of chromoly tubing, then threaded locally. That wasn't too big of a deal. I took it out for only a quick riding day because the weather turned terrible. I was amazed how much better the rzr turns better than stock. Being 6" wider, I thought it would be worse, but it feels much more planted in the corners. I can take them almost twice as fast now and it still feels like it's asking for more! It's awesome! All the bumps I would have to pucker for, i can now hit full throttle without a second thought. I asked for my valving to be pretty stiff for riding on mx tracks, so it was a little stiff for the desert. But I'm heading out to the track this weekend, so I cant wait to see what it can do!!

At the end of the day, I'm extremely happy with my new setup and the people I dealt with. I'd like to thank Casey from SoCal Supertrucks for getting the ball rolling, Brian and Randy from Walker Evans Racing, and Scott from XMF. Their customer service has been amazing.

Here are some install pictures, I dont have one all completed, i just took it riding instead haha...

out with the old
IMG_0130-1.jpg

It's crazy the difference between the stock "S" and new XMF stuff
IMG_0135-1.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Love this shot, now it feels like a race car
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Just read this thread what a great story. I give you major props man for getting back out there and doing what we all love. Your project has turned out super nice and I am sure will bring tons of great feelings. Can't wait to see the finished pics and read more updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back