All UTV's Rear Toe

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I would like to hear from people that have experimented with different rear toe settings on a UTV. It is something that I have been doing alot of research on. Hoping to reduce my understeer on the RZR. My suspension sponsor has said they they "might" make me a set of adjustable rear arms so I can experiment. Anyone have any experiences that they would not mind sharing? If you are concerned with your competition getting your secrets but would not mind sharing with an east coast woods racer then please PM me. I will keep any PM's completely to myself.

Last edited:
I have. Did it with ATVs when I worked for Honda R&D too. Rear toe-out will help your RZR initiate a turn or slide, with less effort, when compared to zero rear toe. Most IRS ATVs have rear toe-out. It will also decrease straight line stability.

That sounds like what I expected. I would really like to try some rear toe-out on mine. I would prefer a clutch type diff. though...

Sway bars also make a big difference.

For more oversteer: More rear swaybar or less front swaybar.

Do Rzr's have front and rear swaybars stock? if so you could remove the front and check it out (carefully of course). I think you would be surprised at the difference.

I think there are adjustable swaybars too so you could tune a little further.

Regular Rzr has a front & rear swaybar. 'S' model has rear only. I am trying to get use to driving with the front bar off to help understeer. It just has sooo much body roll. I have spoken to Rath racing about building me an adjustable that is softer then stock. Along those same lines I have experimented with stiffer rear springs. It did not make much difference in understeer.

My first long travel kit was an early Fabtech rhino kit. They had a fixture problem and the kit had a bunch of rear toe out on one side. It turned on a dime one way, and wouldnt turn at all the other. The bigger problem was lack of straight line stability. It wanted to turn on its own when going over uneven bumps. :eek:

Last edited:
That is a big concern of mine. Obviously toe-out can make things "darty". Have any idea how much toe-out that one side had?

If I put a straight ppiece of angle against the rear wheel it was about 6 inches off the front wheel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back