Pin-Ups On Two Wheels by HairBraine - Joey D's Book Review

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
163898_1761091144420_1153318026_2079159_4146139_n.jpg

Pin-Up On Two Wheels by John "HairBraine" Switzer​

When I was approached by a friend a couple months ago via Facebook to do a book review I was a bit hesitant but was excited. I am always looking for something new and exciting to do and while I am not a big book person per-se I jumped at the opportunity to do something new. Then I was told the book was a coffee table style book with hot women and kick a$$ motorcycles/choppers (and few words..lol) only one thing came to mind.....WINNING! A couple of days later the book arrived at my office and I immediately cracked it open. Right off the bat I was stoked on it. See, while I appreciate all forms of motorsports to some degree I am not a huge fan of the whole "Orange County Choppers" movement in terms of what a chopper should look like. I am a much larger fan of the home made & garage built, bobber/chopper builds and that is just what this book is full of! I found myself flipping page to page pumped on everything I saw from my first initial glance. It gave me the impression of an old Thrasher Magazine from my childhood where I would stare at page after page of the worlds baddest skateboarders.

Hailing from Atlanta, GA, author John "HairBraine" Switzer is an artist who practices multiple disciplines including Tattooing, Photography, Graphic Design, and now is a published Author of this, his first book - Pin-Ups on Two Wheels. Published by ArtKulture, the 144 page book features sexy women in hot outfits paired with equally amazing bikes. This pairing of women and bikes is nothing new but HairBraine's creativity and artistic ability shines throughout the book. Each page is filled with HairBraine's creative imagery, art, and poetry written by both him and his friends. His vision of hot rod culture & 60's/70's styled bikes carry on from cover to cover. As a fan of the same culture and styling I found myself drawn to the artistic layout as much as I was to the chopper's, bobber's, and women. Vivid colors, themed sequences, and creative diversity flow smoothly through this book and is surely a piece that will keep you glued to the book and bring you back to it many times over. I find myself as excited to share the book with like minded friends as I was reading it for myself.

As a writer and novice photographer I at times find myself in creative droughts. Its these moments that have me looking for inspiration and motivation to push through from project to project. Many times I turn to music and lately I have found myself reaching on over for my copy of Pin-Ups On Two Wheels and begin flipping pages. Soon my mind is taken away into this world created by HairBraine and soon my creative juices begin to flow in my own mind. Art breeds creativity and while artistic tastes change from person to person I find inspiration in the pages of this book. I have many coffee table books that I have collected over the years, most sit tucked away in boxes waiting for a moment of re-discovery, that moment when I will sit down and begin flipping from page to page again. This book will no doubt be one that I keep for ever, one that will not meet the fate of my other favorites but rather stay in a place that allows me to keep drawing from its inspiration. I highly recommend it if you are into culture, hot women and bad a$$ bikes!

LINKS
Hair Braine
HairBraine Online|Bikers|tattooists|Models|Hot Rodders|Artists
John Switzer HairBraine | Facebook
A ?HairBraine? Idea - WaltonTribune.com: Lifestyles

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PIs_JmtWN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fullscreencapture719201131751PM.jpg

Fullscreencapture719201131810PM.jpg

Fullscreencapture719201131816PM.jpg

Fullscreencapture719201131838PM.jpg

Fullscreencapture719201131845PM.jpg

Fullscreencapture719201131851PM.jpg

Fullscreencapture719201131857PM.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members