All UTV's Need help with Lowrance Baja 540c

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
So my brother has a Lowrance Baja 540c in his Rhino. How do you get topographical mapping onto this unit like the Garmin uses? I have read you must convert Garmin or 3rd party maps to a format the Lowrance reads. Can someone simplify this for me?

You will need a sim card programed for the unit and has the topo file on it, once you place the sim card into the unit it will auto load it ;-)

You will need a sim card programed for the unit and has the topo file on it, once you place the sim card into the unit it will auto load it ;-)

Cisco, where do you get the maps to put on the SD card? I read you need Mapcreate, As its Lowrance file type is proprietary, but its discontinued.

Cisco, where do you get the maps to put on the SD card? I read you need Mapcreate, As its Lowrance file type is proprietary, but its discontinued.

You can buy a sim card loaded with the topo from PCI Race Radio 562.427.8177, just let them know the type of GPS you have or if someone has the Map Create CD can program a sim card and load the topo on it ;-)

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct but we raced in all of the SCORE Baja races (we actually won the sportsman class UTV point championship 2011:D) and between PCI and the GPS downloads on the SCORE website the following format worked for us. (We use the lowrance as well...additionally, there seemed to be LOTS of bugs we worked through!:()

Sandra Head
Team Manager, Ram Motorsports

Yes downloads will work after the Sim Card is programed then you can add to it ;-)

Sorry I forgot to list the format: the file that you copy to your sim card (or a microSD) should be type: USR File

Sandra Head
Ram Motorsports

Sorry I forgot to list the format: the file that you copy to your sim card (or a microSD) should be type: USR File

Sandra Head
Ram Motorsports

So USE and not LEI? And on the 540c my brother said its an SD slot.... So is it SD or micro SD?

Sorry guys...1 more thing: if you get one from PCI, make sure to let them know you need the microSD card, for some reason we were sent the larger SimCard on a couple of occasions; untill we specifically stated we required the Micro. PCI gets a little busy at times so be specific as to what you need. (They are a great communications company though...stayed with us for the entire SCORE Baja season)

I'm almost 100% sure you will be using the MicroSD in your Lowrance. Most times when you download off of the computer, you will have to slide the little "micro" into an adapter so that it will fit the slot into the computer. After the download, take the little "micro" out of the adapter and now its ready for your Lowrance. I have found that downloading from the "Net" you will be given different file types to chose from...the USR File type has been the only format that has worked for us so far. (This is when WE download maps ourselves. PCI offers the same options on thier website as well)
Sandra Head
Ram Motorsports

P.S. sorry for the lags in replying..I'm multi-tasking like a mutha f****!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back