All UTV's My race ready xp

cpatts2000

Here is my xp, Got it done a couple of weeks ago just have not had time to take pics. Thanks to Walker Evans Racing I got the new shocks on today and did some testing, these things are awesome. Also thanks to UTV Inc for making a great bunch of products. Now I am ready for WORCS AND NWQN!!

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 276
I am running the shocks the way that I got them from from WE, that is what they recommended as a starting point. I did not measure, but it looks about 3-4" lower than stock. So far I love the way it feels and I have not been able to bottom the shocks, but I have not hit anything huge yet.

Yeah .... i ran mine like they sent them and it felt pretty good, but i measured the chassis today and it was 8 1/2 inches off the ground at ride height with me and a passenger in the car ..... way too low and that is like 55% or so sag. I was told by walker to set the chassis at 12" off the ground. So i had to add about 2" of pre-load in the shocks. We will see what it does now.

Build looks awesome! Keep an eye on your front a-arms. We have seen a decent amount of them bent and cracked already.

G-

Yeah .... i ran mine like they sent them and it felt pretty good, but i measured the chassis today and it was 8 1/2 inches off the ground at ride height with me and a passenger in the car ..... way too low and that is like 55% or so sag. I was told by walker to set the chassis at 12" off the ground. So i had to add about 2" of pre-load in the shocks. We will see what it does now.

mine is set really low, as long as they dont bottom I will run them like this for nwqn, but will probably raise the car for worcs

Build looks awesome! Keep an eye on your front a-arms. We have seen a decent amount of them bent and cracked already.

G-

Where are you seeing them bend and crack, I hit hard enough about a month ago to bend the frame and the a-arms still look great. needless to say I now have a new frame.

I was told by the guys at Fox that you shouldnt run more than 1 inch of preload on a spring.Watch for coil bind and broken springs.

Car looks awesome.You might want to think about some beadlocks for racing.

I was told by the guys at Fox that you shouldnt run more than 1 inch of preload on a spring.Watch for coil bind and broken springs.

Car looks awesome.You might want to think about some beadlocks for racing.

I have beadlocks for racing but dont run them for practice. I just chatted with the guys at Walker and they did not say anything like that about the springs, I will definitely be keeping an eye on things

I agree ..... 110% ...... i want to try it with 12" frame hieght as they are calling for. The shocks came at basically zero preload and the car was just under 9 inches off the ground. Again it drove great and took hits, but cant see running the thing with SOOO MUCH SAG?

Where are you seeing them bend and crack, I hit hard enough about a month ago to bend the frame and the a-arms still look great. needless to say I now have a new frame.

seeing them crack near the welds on the ball joint bosses, and have seen the lower a-arm bend the rear tube of the arm, with no damage to anything else.

Also, the amount of preload you can put into the spring depends on the number of coil wraps, wire diameter, length etc. 1" is kind of a conservative rule of thumb, so to speak for a typical utv spring, but it also depends on how much shaft travel the shock has as well.

Just talked to Randy at Walker .... the car should be at 12 inches tot he frame static ride height. So 12 inches to the frame with no weight in the car. Just an FYI.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back