Monster Jam, Phoenix

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
So we get the email “Can you be at Cardinal Stadium by 11 on Saturday?”
Monster Jam!

UTVs, TKs, and Quad Wars, are just a side show for the trucks, I know its not LOORRS and I said we would never do another one but, we never pass up a chance to race in AZ, It’s a whole different atmosphere, from the venues to the fans to the racers, we all pit together, help each other and race hard. They are all friends, I like that.

So Code preps and loads the car, we skip going to X Games and head for Phoenix Friday night spending the night in Yuma just to knock off some of the distance, and arrive Saturday at 11. Cardinal Stadium, U of Phoenix, whatever it’s called is a first class facility and was home to the Super bowl last year.

So the usual drivers meeting, track walk, hurray up and wait pit party shaking hands, taking pictures, & kissing babies then it’s time to race. The track this time is basically NASCAR, turn left w/ two jumps. Code goes out in the first heat and breaks a ball joint over a double on the sighting lap. I had 15 minutes to fix it between the 1st & 2nd heats, props to me I did it! With our (shameless plugs) Makita Power Tools,.. the HCC, Frosty burger, Hard Bargin, Pickel X, Buggy Works, One Ind, UTVUnderground, Weller Racing powered Rhino made it out in time for the second heat.

Main comes up and it’s over in a flash. Jacob wins but Dan, Bobby, & Austin are the show swapping positions several times during the 8-lap main.
Jacob Person.
Tyler ???,
Austin Kimbrell, who left his front bumper……on Codes rear bumper.
Code Rahders, dinged rear bumper (which Austin then autographed & posed for pictures).
Bobby VanBeekum.
Dan Kelly.
Corry Weller.

After the show we’re just hanging out in the parking lot until morning to drive home, the Wellers invite us to meet them at Applebee’s for dinner. So I’m sitting across the table from Jack (don’t remember his last name) when I realize it’s the guy that won the Quad Wars race.
They hyped the crap out of his win and he followed it up with, “I’m from Cali, Cali rules, AZ sucks…) type stuff over the PA during his podium interview. People boo and throw shit at him, he mocks them, good stuff.
“So Jack, where you from?” I say?
“Casa Grande.” Jack replies…LOL, for you SD folks that’s like winning in QUALCOMM, talking smack about CA, then driving home to Santee. Anything for the show….nice to meet you Jack,,,good guy.
That’s it. Thanks to Jason & Corry Weller for the invite to dinner, and to all of the AZ racers too, Jacob, Bobby, Dan, Austin, & Tyler.

BTW, Jason got 2nd out of 12 quads during their main, but that’s all staged…..right??
Time to go watch all my DVR’d X-Game video.

Couple of pics HERE

721-new-trophy.jpg

Last edited:
well how come it was not posted about racing? invitation only? i would have been there for that. i asked at a couple of shops about 4 weeks ago and i was told only TK were running.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I love this picture!! hahaha

CodeRahdersLadies.jpg

Great job to Code Rahders, thats our boy right there!!! We appreciate you posting and keeping us updated Doug!

Big shout out to Corry Weller, Bobby Vanbeekum, Code Rahders, Austin Kimbrell, Bronco Dan Kelly, and Jacob Person who were all representing for (can I say it?) Team UTVUnderground!!! I cant say enough about these racers who continue to support our site by racing our colors! Thanks to all of you!!!

Joey, I'm proud to run your colors - you are dedicated to this site and to the UTV racing industry, you take bada$$ pics and make it out to a ton of events - and your little girl is my favorite fan!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back