Kawasaki Camping Trip on the Rubicon

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Rubicon-Kawasaki-2012-header.JPG

What started as a small group of Teryx4 owners wanting to try out their new vehicles in the rocks, turned into a full-blown Kawasaki convention. We had three Teryx4 that were equipped with long travel suspension and other goodies, one full-tilt Teryx, one Teryx4 with almost every genuine Kawasaki accessory installed and three Teryx4 that were stock.

We spent two nights camping at Buck Island, with a day trip down Big Sluice and up Cadillac and back. The Teryx4 does awesome in the rocks! Love the power steering, clutch, short wheelbase.

Rubicon-Kawasaki-2012-199.JPG

Rubicon-Kawasaki-2012-813.jpg

Rubicon-Kawasaki-2012-253.JPG

Rubicon-Kawasaki-2012-208.JPG

More pictures, video and details: Teryx4 Camping Trip on the Rubicon

Nice write-up Crowdog, love me some rock crawlin and the Rubicon.
We're headin up out of Markleeville this weekend to run the Barney Riley trail down to the hot springs.

So how much better were the long travels vs stock and how much ground clearance do you have with the long travel and 31" tires?
Lookin good.

Nice write-up Crowdog, love me some rock crawlin and the Rubicon.
We're headin up to the Barney Riley trail this weekend out of Markleeville.

So how much better were the long travels vs stock?

The stockers did real well, but there is more banging going on. Long travel, larger tires and UHMW are key upgrades. The stock vehicles got hung up where the guys with more ground clearance walked right over. The added width isn't as big of a benefit as the extra height. I absolutely love my 31" Pit Bulls for pure rock type terrain. But I would not run them in the desert at speed, so there is a trade-off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back