All UTV's How often should harnesses be replaced

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Curious how often everyone changes out their harnesses. I understand they should be changed after an impact that stretches them, but what about as routine maintenance. I noticed my Crows were getteing kinda stiff after 3 years of dust, dirt, washing. I think I will change them out for some freshies but is it just a waste of money?

The only belts/harnesses we run are SFI rated and they have a date on them. The events we compete in require them to be replaced every 3 years or when they show signs of damage. A lot of people think that because they are not racing they don't need to replace them as often.

I believe a crash is a crash and it does not matter if it is during a race or during family play time. I would recommend replacing every 3 years even if they still look good.

The only belts/harnesses we run are SFI rated and they have a date on them. The events we compete in require them to be replaced every 3 years or when they show signs of damage. A lot of people think that because they are not racing they don't need to replace them as often.

I believe a crash is a crash and it does not matter if it is during a race or during family play time. I would recommend replacing every 3 years even if they still look good.

Thats sounds reasonable. I think they served their purpose and like an oil change its time to change them out as cheap insurance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back