Feel Like You've Been Kicked in the Groin Lately?

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Article by Del Albright

The economy mess has hit us all, I’m sure you know the feeling. Organizations are feeling the inevitable crunch as well. But unfortunately, we CAN NOT let our guard down in these times. While our access is not as important as food on the table, it still should still rank pretty high on your list of priorities. The economy will turn around. The pendulum does its thing. But a gate, once up, does not come down very easily.

Here is what I think you can do to help this situation as best you have time and resources.

First, we need to get involved in the online forum membership drive where forums can get all their subscribers ½ price first-year memberships to BRC (while getting a FREE membership for the forum owners). We need to BUILD OUR ARMY. It is just not big enough to stand the test of time. $15 to join BRC?? Come awn, that’s cheap. We gotta join up!

Now if BRC is not your only love, then do this membership thing and add other orgs that you believe in as folks to join up with. BUT WE NEED FOLKS TO JOIN. With 43 million of us OHVers out there and less than a million in organized recreation – way less – we need to change that.

Second, we need to help folks stay in the fight, find them help when they’re struggling, and give folks some hope. YOU can do that. The BRC can help. Just clue me in when things are going poorly in your circles and in the forums you visit.

This is a crucial point for a lot of our sports, trails and efforts. Please find that spurt of energy to kick this up a level – membership, for all of us, that’s what will save our big fights and organizations, not to mention our trails.

Email me if you have any questions!

Thank you,

Del

KI6WER
Ambassador, BlueRibbon Coalition
State Environmental Affairs Coordinator, CA4WDC
Email: brdel@sharetrails.org; or del@delalbright.com

“Protecting recreational access and the economic value it brings to America’s rural communities means you’ll be leaving the world a better place; it is a worthy and noble cause to provide for a future America.†Greg Mumm, Executive Director, BlueRibbon Coalition, Jan. 2009

# # #
The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible use of public lands and waters, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. It represents over 10,000 individual members and 1,200 organization and business members, for a combined total of over 600,000 recreationists nationwide. 1-800-258-3742. BlueRibbon Coalition: Preserving your recreational access to public lands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back