All UTV's CVT belt life

Lol no 5 forward gears plus reverse and I'm sure park and neutral. It has electronic paddle shifters. It's a work horse still but there the first I've seen to use a 5 speed paddle shifted transmission. I haven't seen what there using for a clutch yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Vitamin H, has had push button electronic shift ATV's for years. Seems like the same system.

Lol no 5 forward gears plus reverse and I'm sure park and neutral. It has electronic paddle shifters. It's a work horse still but there the first I've seen to use a 5 speed paddle shifted transmission. I haven't seen what there using for a clutch yet.

It's likely a 500cc version of the 420 Rancher, which uses a dual clutch system to shift it's 5 speeds.... just like many full sized autos. Cool stuff.

I was wonder how many cfm the bildge blowers put out that everyone is currently using. And what cfm the clutch can move. I have some ideas brewing in my head.

I was wonder how many cfm the bildge blowers put out that everyone is currently using. And what cfm the clutch can move. I have some ideas brewing in my head.

The 3" bilge or inline type blowers put out 130-140 cfm. The 4" ones, around 240cfm. These numbers are based on the capacities at the blower outlet. Adding duct work can greatly decreases the figures. Adding "flex" ducting, and turning corners increases the static pressure within the duct, and therefore decreases the amount of air the blower has the ability to move, given a blower motor with a specific torque rating and exhaust area. A stock primary clutch sucks in about 100 cfm@4,000rpm's, and around 240 cfm@7,000 rpm's (thanks, Nikal!). UTV's, at least ours, always are revvinfg at 6,000-7,000 + rpm's. This is why inline blowers before the primary clutch do not work well.

I have however found that adding one at the tail end of the primary exhaust outlet does help because the ability of the system to evacuate the hot air is based on positive pressure inside the cvt housing, and therefore, nowhere near as efficient as the primary clutch directly drawing air from the front end of the system. I'm still not sold on the gigantic openings I've added to our cover. They circumvent the airflow in and through the housing, and impose mathematical variables that I don't know how to quantify (other than the end results, via a belt temp gauge). Now, I can't rely on the accuracy of my belt temp gauge because much of the hot air generated in the clutch housing now can escape through the front of the cvt cover, therefore reducing the volume, temperature, and velocity of the air flowing by the temp sensor I placed in the exhaust duct. Just food for thought...............
But by all means, please share your ideas with us. I over analyze everything, and sometimes overlook the obvious!

I think we are seeing a glimpse of the future! Whatcha think Reid? ;)
I've been saying that I believe a change in the power transmission area is just around the corner. I still don't know if a 4 or 5 speed is referring to that many forward gears. Like someone else here posted, it could mean P R N D and L.

There are bigger bildge fans that can flow allot more air but the 12v motor really holds it back. If you can figure out how to run a 24v motor then you could double the cfm or more. I was thinking with 2 batteries you can do that but from what I have found there is more to it. I see rock guys run 24v high speed winches but they run a 24v alternator additionally. Thats one thing I have in my mind. Everything I look at though seems the 12v motor is the limiting factor on fans. I'm working on it though.

I'm no electrician, but we run dual batteries, and I know there is a way that you can get 24 volts to the starter motor, based on a recommendation from BRP. Right now, we are hesitant to make any changes to the car, in fear of reliability issues. We are going for consistency, and if changing a belt or two means a 3rd or 4th place finish, well that wont kill us, given our current status.

I'm great with electrical work. We wire allot of low voltage systems on doors and I've just always been good at figuring it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back