Cody Rahders takes over points lead in SuperLite at Lucas Oil Regional Series

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Regional2.jpg

Coming off a third place finish at Round 14 of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series the R3motorsprots crew decided to take advantage of back to back weekend races between the two series and sneak in to take over the points lead at the Regional’s, with the help of the crews from Black Rhino and SuperLite, they were able to do just that.

“At Round 14 of LOORRS Cody’s truck wasn’t running right†said Doug, Codys father “and we just didn’t have time to diagnose and repair the engine problem then prep it so I spoke to Kenny Osborn, owner of Black Rhino, and told him what we wanted to do. Kenny was 100% on board with our plan so Codys truck went back to Reno with SuperLite to figure out the engine problem and we brought home the Black Rhino SuperLite to race at the Regional’s.†The R3motorsports crew prepped the Black Rhino SuperLite then headed to Lake Elsinore for Round 5 of the Regional’s.

Practice was a good shake down to prepare for the normally slick Elsinore track surface, then in the qualifier race Cody went out and proceeded to top the “Pro Open†class which was consisted of two SuperLites, four ProLites, and a Pro2.

For the 12 lap main the entire field was inverted putting Cody in the back and once the race started he began to slide his way through the pack towards the front.

“They watered the track so much I was going to run out of tear offs from all the mud, it was bad.â€

At the midrace caution Cody was in third and by lap eight he was pressuring the leaders looking to pass but after the 83rd blast of roost from the second place Pro2 directly in front of him, with a half plugged radiator and out of tear offs he let the leaders go and finished the race first in class, third overall in Pro Open, and a 50 point lead over second place in the Regional SuperLite class points chase.

“I have to really thank both Black Rhino and SuperLite for helping me get to this race, they both really stepped up and made it happen.â€

Cody Rahders and R3motorsports would like to thank all our sponsors for their support.

Black Rhino Performance
SuperLite Championship
Toyo Tires
Superchips
Polaris
Cognito Motorsports
UTVUnderground.com
Fox Racing Shox
K&N
RacerX Motorsports
Team Alba Racing
American Star Racing