Camber settings

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I would like to hear about your experiences/recommendations for setting the camber on my XC racing RZR. For my type of racing I need very sharp turning with no understeer. The RZR has approx. 1 deg. negative camber stock & it pushes pretty badly. On quads I run as much as -4 deg. I am thinking of starting at around -2.5 deg. Any helpful info?

I would like to hear about your experiences/recommendations for setting the camber on my XC racing RZR. For my type of racing I need very sharp turning with no understeer. The RZR has approx. 1 deg. negative camber stock & it pushes pretty badly. On quads I run as much as -4 deg. I am thinking of starting at around -2.5 deg. Any helpful info?
Sounds like you know what you are doing. 2 to 3 degrees sounds pretty good, but ultimately you'll need to test to determine what works best for your setup. I think you'll find that it still has a push, even with the negative camber.
Do you run it in 4WD? Does it stay engaged all the time? I have only raced an RZR once, and it's turning performance was very inconsistent. I did notice that sometimes the 4WD was engaged, and others it engaged part way through the corner. Not sure of that is normal for a Polaris or not.

I usually run in 4wd as it will pull its way around the corner better. It is tricky/difficult to keep the front wheels engaged. The rear tires have to be spinning approx. 20% faster then the front to engage the front diff. I have learned to brake before the turn & keep it pinned while turning, not always the easiest thing to do, so I am trying very hard to improve the understeer situation. More rear air pressure helps quite a bit. Skinny rear tires helps a little, not as much as I expected though. Now I am working with camber settings & the last thing I know to do is skinny up the rear track. I have also experimented with spring rates & a little with the front swaybar but did not get that great of an effect out of these as far as understeer is concerned.

From years of racing go karts where you are constantly chasing traction I would always think about the opposite of what you think would work. If you narrow the back to make it turn better you can also widen the front which may be easier. We learned really early in karting that stuff like this was cruical and just because something happens in the front of the car doesnt mean it has to be fixed their.

From years of racing go karts where you are constantly chasing traction I would always think about the opposite of what you think would work. If you narrow the back to make it turn better you can also widen the front which may be easier. We learned really early in karting that stuff like this was cruical and just because something happens in the front of the car doesnt mean it has to be fixed their.
Good and valid points, however.........
He is racing XC - cross country. A lot of the sections are very narrow, increasing width can be a big detriment overall for his type of racing.

S2K1 is right I have to watch my width. With the way I have mine set-up the rear is currently wider then the front which of course is typically a no-no if you are concerned with understeer. Eventually I will build some shorter rear arms, but there are a lot of things in line before that project. I am hoping to get the handling acceptable with the parts that I currently have.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back