4 Cook
5 Lambert
6 Lansky
7 B. Schueler
8 Parks
9 Kiger

Good luck to all the racers.....

#whiner

...but how is it mathmatically possible that I have drawn last or second to last in all six races this year?

I think Lansky's $50/entry rear start gig is really working! Ha! :eek:

lol #badluck #hatethechamp #bigbumper

Haaaa!

That is good JD. Paaaaaaraticularly the # bigbumper part!

Can't wait to race!

BTW...you suck Joey for the lobster lunch pics and the fact that you are at the biggest off road race in the world...and...I am at work and STILL working. Have fun amigo and be safe! :)

ymaneqes.jpg

uterehej.jpg

uqa7e5av.jpg

epuha6a2.jpg

yga5e3e3.jpg

Just for you!

Avid Racing is not going to make it to the Henderson 250 after all.:mad: but see you all at the Parker 250 with bells on our toes!

1904 Sappington will be there of course. I did not get my entree form in before I left for Baja. I went down with TT 26 a brand new Jimco. I was the lead Chase guy and ended up chasing the whole race ( no sleep for 47 hours). Started by heading to Ojos Negros then towards San Flepie. At rm mile 220 the race truck rolled twice, end over end. I got a text that we were out of the race. I was about 40 minutes away from rm 220. When I got there the truck was on its wheels but was pretty jacked. I assesed the damaged and told the driver to get on the sat phone and let the team know we were not out of the race, that I could fix it and it would take about 3 hours. The damage was broken wheel, broken front rotor, broken front caliper, broken driveline, bent upper rear link arm. There was another chase team from Gilbert AZ that helpped out a bunch. Chris (chase partner) and the Gilbert guys installed a new driveline and moved the rear caliper and rotor to the front, while I repaired the link arm. I cut the bent section out and used the jack handel to sleve the link arm. I had done this before in 2000 when I repaired the Pro truck for Malcome Smith that Bob Shepard crashed. The 26 truck was up and running about in 2.5 hours. I then followed the race truck by taking the race course to Coco's conner, then turned off and headed to hwy 1. The truck ran great untill rm 980 when I got the call that the back half of the truck had fallen off!!. Myself and another chase truck headed backwards on the course, this is not a good idea do not attempt this unless u r a trained professional. We had a spotted on top of the lead chase truck to watch for oncomming race traffic untill it got dark, then we could see the lights comming. We always pulled completely off the track very early to allow the race traffic to pass. After 14 long miles we got to the race truck and yes the entire back half of the truck had broke off, due to the damage from the roll over. We used about 20 ratchet straps, some U bolts and 2 pieces of cromemoly tubing to reattach the back half. The truck then went 30 miles to the BFG pit where they welded the broken tubes and added a few gussets. Then it was off to the finish. 38 hours later we were Baja 1000 finishers. 20th in TT class. This was the first Baja race for most of the crew and the first race in a TT truck for both drivers and navigators. I drove my chase truck the entire way from phx to La Paz and back over 3000 miles!! The old Ford ran like a champ even with 262000 miles on it. This was my 4th peninsula run and I have finished them all, this was the toughest!!

Sucks you are not going to make it Lansky.

We will be debuting the #1998 Commander at this race in preparation for the 2013 season.

Good job Cory, sounds like an advuenture. See ya in Henderson...

What...no smack talk? Somebody, just somebody has to talk about sombody's Mom. Sheeeeesh.

Last edited:
1904 Sappington will be there of course. I did not get my entree form in before I left for Baja. I went down with TT 26 a brand new Jimco. I was the lead Chase guy and ended up chasing the whole race ( no sleep for 47 hours). Started by heading to Ojos Negros then towards San Flepie. At rm mile 220 the race truck rolled twice, end over end. I got a text that we were out of the race. I was about 40 minutes away from rm 220. When I got there the truck was on its wheels but was pretty jacked. I assesed the damaged and told the driver to get on the sat phone and let the team know we were not out of the race, that I could fix it and it would take about 3 hours. The damage was broken wheel, broken front rotor, broken front caliper, broken driveline, bent upper rear link arm. There was another chase team from Gilbert AZ that helpped out a bunch. Chris (chase partner) and the Gilbert guys installed a new driveline and moved the rear caliper and rotor to the front, while I repaired the link arm. I cut the bent section out and used the jack handel to sleve the link arm. I had done this before in 2000 when I repaired the Pro truck for Malcome Smith that Bob Shepard crashed. The 26 truck was up and running about in 2.5 hours. I then followed the race truck by taking the race course to Coco's conner, then turned off and headed to hwy 1. The truck ran great untill rm 980 when I got the call that the back half of the truck had fallen off!!. Myself and another chase truck headed backwards on the course, this is not a good idea do not attempt this unless u r a trained professional. We had a spotted on top of the lead chase truck to watch for oncomming race traffic untill it got dark, then we could see the lights comming. We always pulled completely off the track very early to allow the race traffic to pass. After 14 long miles we got to the race truck and yes the entire back half of the truck had broke off, due to the damage from the roll over. We used about 20 ratchet straps, some U bolts and 2 pieces of cromemoly tubing to reattach the back half. The truck then went 30 miles to the BFG pit where they welded the broken tubes and added a few gussets. Then it was off to the finish. 38 hours later we were Baja 1000 finishers. 20th in TT class. This was the first Baja race for most of the crew and the first race in a TT truck for both drivers and navigators. I drove my chase truck the entire way from phx to La Paz and back over 3000 miles!! The old Ford ran like a champ even with 262000 miles on it. This was my 4th peninsula run and I have finished them all, this was the toughest!!

Congrats on the finish!

As tight as the points are....Im gonna say no one wants to eat crow;)

I would agree. Since i am the only DSR1 eligible for the championship i can talk trash. You wussy little pro cars can eat my dust. Because i start first! We finally found out what caused us to blow three motors this season........ pipe dope on the fuel line fittings. A reputable race shop did it and it was melting and clogging injectors and fuel pressure regulators. We got a new motor and went testing twice. We can now run triple digits again. Wahooooo

I would agree. Since i am the only DSR1 eligible for the championship i can talk trash. You wussy little pro cars can eat my dust. Because i start first! We finally found out what caused us to blow three motors this season........ pipe dope on the fuel line fittings. A reputable race shop did it and it was melting and clogging injectors and fuel pressure regulators. We got a new motor and went testing twice. We can now run triple digits again. Wahooooo

I was gonna say...Have you finished a race this year?:eek:I think most of the pro cars have;):):):)

I was gonna say...Have you finished a race this year?:eek:I think most of the pro cars have;):):):)

Yes we finished the mint 400 and Parker 250. Since then we've been blowing motors left and right. I knew that something was wrong but we just could not get it figured out. We will have to see how it does at the Henderson race. My wimpy little Rhino took first overall at the Parker 250 and I was told that Polaris was not happy about it. If you watch the video Polaris made at the 250 they claim winning everything but first overall. Since the Mint I haven't been able to keep the motor alive long enough to finish a race. Now we have it sorted out so we are hoping for the best.

Yes we finished the mint 400 and Parker 250. Since then we've been blowing motors left and right. I knew that something was wrong but we just could not get it figured out. We will have to see how it does at the Henderson race. My wimpy little Rhino took first overall at the Parker 250 and I was told that Polaris was not happy about it. If you watch the video Polaris made at the 250 they claim winning everything but first overall. Since the Mint I haven't been able to keep the motor alive long enough to finish a race. Now we have it sorted out so we are hoping for the best.

Sounds like you got it fixed, I was listening to it leave the line at the last 2 races and that thing sounds way high geared. I thought maybe you were just having clutch issues tho. I dont know what your final drive ratio is but I know my R1 car doesnt sound that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back