BITD / General Tire MINT 400 UTV Race.....RACERS PLEASE READ

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
I am in route to vegas right now with Mad Media on a mission regarding the Mint 400. My question for you racers is would you rather do a single loop 200 mile race at the Mint or do the full 2 lap 400 Mile race just like the big dogs??

Please post your answers and thoughts, and if you have any other questions surrounding the Mint please post them here and I will do my best to get you all answers.

Pumped for this race!!!

Personally I like the whole thing. There is some arguement for a short race but it seems we have plenty of those. I was considering entering the Parker 425 in sportsman just to get a long race. My vote is all 400.

Raber Racing
DSR1

Personally I like the whole thing. There is some arguement for a short race but it seems we have plenty of those. I was considering entering the Parker 425 in sportsman just to get a long race. My vote is all 400.

Raber Racing
DSR1

You just wanna race the big race cause you can finally GOOOO FASTTTT !!! :D

"The Mint" that I watched a few years ago was a 100 mile loop race, cars and trucks do 4 loops, I heard we do 2 loops. Typically The Mint is a tough course so 200 miles will take longer than a guy thinks. No matter what, everyone's in the same boat, 200 or 400 miles........Can't wait. :D

I would be all for the 400 miles. My question would be when would the bigger classes be starting? How much of a head start does the UTV class get or do we move to the back of the pack for a race like this?

UTVs will race with Limited Vehicles in their own race. The Unlimited race will follow.

It is sounding like it will be 200 mile loops for this go around...

joey,
i would bring this to casey. the utv's get jipped in every race. if i pay the same amount as the big boys i want to do the same mile's. i dont drive all that way just to do half the mile's. what does eveyone else think?

I can tell you... those behind The Mint WANT UTV's and WANT UTV's to be a part of this event in a real way. They are hoping to have a large UTV turnout with hopes of providing an awesome size purse!! I can't talk too much, all I can say is I am in Las Vegas right now, and it ain't cause I am here to gamble.....Keep the ideas flowing, keep the opinions rolling in, and mark The Mint on your calendar! This will be the biggest UTV desert race of the year!

some thing that can make it cheaper for the utv's is if the cheat us on miles that should mean less land use. half the miles then half the land use fees

The miles you race have no bearing on your cost. If you enter the race, no matter the mileage, the organizer has to pay a fee for you and an overall fee for the race in general.....

then if we pay for the land use then i feel they have to let us do the mileage. why jip us on mileage. have us start in the back like we do for the score race's.

You must have missed where I said that UTVs and limited vehicles will be on the track alone. You will not be on the track with larger unlimited. UTVs would be racing very early in the morning.

They want to know if everyone wants to do 200 or 400 miles. No one at the mint is trying to rip you off on miles.. Matter of fact it's quite the opposite.

2 loops, 400 miles...

Joey, even if the UTV class starts at 6am, the 1400 and 1500 class will still pass them somewhere on the second loop for the UTV's, unless Casey waits until all UTV's are off the course (9-11 hours?).
If the 1400 and 1500 classes start right before the UTV's come around on their first loop, then they'll catch them in the middle to end of the UTV's second loop, if Casey waits till the UTV's are further on the second loop, the 1400 and 1500s will still catch them near the end of the second loop (except for the fastest UTVs).

Im not racing but from a spectators view, Racing half the miles like a 200 mile race would bring more than half of the UTV's to the finish line.Also its nice to get some pictures when you guys finish during the DAY! WHO IS THE FASTEST and now you have to push your car more...

See you guys at the MINT400.

The 1930 Fabtech Team will be there, we would like to see the 400 mile race but just being on Fremont St. with all the fans and other racers will be a good time..Let the games begin!!!!:D:D:D

i got a idea joey. what if the utv's start after the second lap of the trucks. that way they will not be behind us at any point pushing for position. they start in the moring at 6am and we start at about 10am. as for the cars/trucks that break down and we pass. which will be minimal they are not fighting for position so they wont run us off the road(hopefully).

i got a idea joey. what if the utv's start after the second lap of the trucks. that way they will not be behind us at any point pushing for position. they start in the moring at 6am and we start at about 10am. as for the cars/trucks that break down and we pass. which will be minimal they are not fighting for position so they wont run us off the road(hopefully).

I could go for that, but do you think you can get all those guys up early enough for that..LOL
Joey, go ask Bj if he'll get up at 4am to make a 6am start...
Good idea though.. it would solve most of the problems of the faster trucks and cars running up on UTVs. The course will be alot more torn up though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back