Best mini SC or Trophy trucks?

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Its been awhile since I was into RC's and have since sold all my equipment save for chargers and tools. I dont even know if my old chargers will work with lipos?

At any rate, I want a couple trucks for the backyard. I would prefer minis (1/12 scale) 4wd, brushless motors, and fast. They need to haul ass! I'm leaning towards something like a trophy truck with more suspension travel as my course will not be neatly groomed and will be rocky........

What are my options?

Team Associated SC10
Traxxas Slash
HPI Blitz?

I have both SC10 and Slash. The SC10 RTR kit with brushless motor is sick and realistic. If you want to go race or play on track then I highly recomend them. Plus Team Associated is a UTVUG sponsor.

I will say the Slash is hard to beat. The RTR kits are cheap and the things take a beating!!! The HPi is the most realistic TT look alike but I don't have any experience with them

The slash is hard to beat for a basher. I have the 4x4 and really enjoy the power it has right out of the box. If you wanna go mini, traxxas makes a 1/16th but those things are about the size of my foot and may be bad with your rocks you are talking about. Lipos can ONLY be charged with a Lipo charger. So, if the old ones aren't made to charge Lipos, don't use them. Honestly, with brushless, Nimh batteries work pretty damn good. My truck out of the box was fast, with a 2s lipo its on the verge of being uncontrolable and with 3s Lipos you break way too many parts, imo.

get the weedeater motor one, they are awesome, I forget the brand, but Bigjim has one, and some of my friends also.

Its been awhile since I was into RC's and have since sold all my equipment save for chargers and tools. I dont even know if my old chargers will work with lipos?

At any rate, I want a couple trucks for the backyard. I would prefer minis (1/12 scale) 4wd, brushless motors, and fast. They need to haul ass! I'm leaning towards something like a trophy truck with more suspension travel as my course will not be neatly groomed and will be rocky........

What are my options?
cant beat the slash for reliability,and parts availibity,sc 10 for the track tweekers,and handeling.just my 2centts,but thats seems to be the dealio

i have a SC10 i bought at last years sand sports show and love that truck. i have taken it to ET a handful of time and love it.

parts are readily avalible at most hobby shops and are very affordable.

as far as toughness (basher) 10th goes, the slash is the toughest, blitz is second and the losi and associated are 3rd. the hpi mini trophy sucks, and im sponsored by them lol. if you wanna spend some cash do a 1/8th truggy brushless. truggy is so easy to drive, way forgiving.

WoW! Thanks for all the input fellas!

Looks like I'm torn between the Slash and SC10 after watching a bunch of youtube videos......

Let me throw one more wrench in the mix......

I used to race offroad RC's on a very competitive level in the late 90's and can drive and tune them well. Also, my course will be a mix of groomed dirt corners, gravel, brick, and concrete....... I'm looking for a desert course feel that has terrain changes, and is slow and technical. Which of the two trucks will shine in this environment?

Also, best place to purchase? Any of our offroad shops dealers for Traxxas or Associated?

Thanks again for all the input!

i have a SC10 i bought at last years sand sports show and love that truck. i have taken it to ET a handful of time and love it.

parts are readily avalible at most hobby shops and are very affordable.

You to Mike! Doctor Peppers on the house! :D (I'm at Guadalupe, and Lindsey now)

If you raced competitively, I would suggest the SC10. I have two and like them a lot. Although nothing beats a 1/5 scale Baja...

If you raced competitively, I would suggest the SC10. I have two and like them a lot. Although nothing beats a 1/5 scale Baja...

I would agree, but I dont want to have to leave my backyard to have fun with them....... I'm also limited on space and really considering sticking with a 1/12 scale. The HPI mini is sick looking as well. I know it's not a race truck, but considering it's scale would make it that much cooler on a desert course!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ0a89BPio4]‪HPI Racing - Mini-Trophy 4WD 1:12 Desert Truck‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

We all have slashes. They will take some abuse. Between all of us up here I think we have 7 or 8. We will have to come down and thrash! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

We all have slashes. They will take some abuse. Between all of us up here I think we have 7 or 8. We will have to come down and thrash! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Whatever Brandon has hauls ass. He was driving it at my shop and the thing was doing wheel stands! I like the Slashes as well but my yard is just too small. I went with the HPI Mini Baja and the jury is still out.......

Oh. I have a sick skate park next door to my house. The trucks are going to be stupid fun over there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back