Baja Vs Polaris

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Polaris Utv's seem to Domminate in any type of UTV racing. Baja is a big challenge for any offroad racer and the toughest course in the world. There's a polaris RZR still on course and at mile marker 550 and keeping the race close. How come we don't see as many Polaris RZR's in Mexico dominating these races in Baja?
My son is 10 years old and his name is Daytona,I gave him a update this morning on the race!
He said
"Quote"
I can't believe there's no Polaris RZR 4 XP 900.

He thinks and knows it can kick some but! This is why im posting this thread..

Go Polaris and get that finish!

From what info I have they dont think its worth racing it if its not called Pro UTV.

8 UTVs is a good turn out for a race like this and a XP4 would be a good platform for sure.The Wildcats are doing a pretty damn good job and its cool to see.These guys will have great memories and stories to tell.

I have a 2012 XP, and honestly, I dont think they can handle Baja abuse just yet.

It will take more racing for the teams to ID the weak links (all of them), get them upgraded, then they will start doing better.

At least on the longer, point to point races.

My .02

Rob

Most UTVs need some mods to do these races but an XP that is prepped and driven correctly should be able to finish this this race.Things like spare tires.axles and belts are a given but Baja is about experience,setup,prep,and logistics.A Rhino just beat 2 XPs and 3 Wildacts at this years 1000 so that should tell you something.

...well, come to a Best In The Desert race and see some of these RZR's in action. There has been five BITD races so far this season and a RZR has won four of them, and has led most of them. I am not putting down any other manufacturer, but to put Polaris down as being 'weak or scared' is silly. In 2011, Polaris won the WORC's championship, GNCC championship, SCORE championship, BITD championship and the Lucas Unlimited UTV championship. I do commend the Murry's on having a stellar year in BITD, but that is racing.

The good news is that thanks to all of you and Joey at UTVUG, SCORE woke up and has created a Pro UTV class for 2013. I honestly think that this will help get manufacturer involvement and support into SCORE UTV racing and give us 'Ute Pilots' some Baja cred. http://www.score-international.com/...o_New_Pro_Classes_for_2013_Desert_Series.aspx

Last edited:
...well, come to a Best In The Desert race and see some of these RZR's in action. There has been five BITD races so far this season and a RZR has won four of them, and has led most of them. I am not putting down any other manufacturer, but to put Polaris down as being 'weak or scared' is silly. In 2011, Polaris won the WORC's championship, GNCC championship, SCORE championship, BITD championship and the Lucas Unlimited UTV championship. I do commend the Murry's on having a stellar year in BITD, but that is racing.

The good news is that thanks to all of you and Joey at UTVUG, SCORE woke up and has created a Pro UTV class for 2013. I honestly think that this will help get manufacturer involvement and support into SCORE UTV racing and give us 'Ute Pilots' some Baja cred. http://www.score-international.com/...o_New_Pro_Classes_for_2013_Desert_Series.aspx

and the King of the Hammers Utv race every year !

I am not an XP hater, hell I have one! All I am saying, is that for some reason they dont do well during races over 500 miles.

I race BITD (sportsman), and I know how well the XP's do (of course, there are so many of them, statistically, they will place higher).

Rob

Last edited:
There is now a Pro Class in Mexico. Whats the over/under on car count? I say 7 cars start average the 1st season.

Actually, we are racing all SCORE races next year......in my Rhino!!

Its not fast, but I know that pile inside and out and have more faith in it than the RZR. Plus, its impossible to overdrive a Rhino with aftermarket suspension....and I am a $hitty driver!!:D

Not to mention, I will be moving back east in December 2013 so this is my last year in the desert and we want to race in Mexico.

Actually, we are racing all SCORE races next year......in my Rhino!!

Its not fast, but I know that pile inside and out and have more faith in it than the RZR. Plus, its impossible to overdrive a Rhino with aftermarket suspension....and I am a $hitty driver!!:D

Not to mention, I will be moving back east in December 2013 so this is my last year in the desert and we want to race in Mexico.

Thats awesome. If I was to race a UTV I would want to race baja. It would be like the ultimate trail ride with a chase team following you.

There is now a Pro Class in Mexico. Whats the over/under on car count? I say 7 cars start average the 1st season.

I would say 7-10 at San Felipe, and the 500. But I think the Ute's will come out of the woodwork for the 1000. My guess 12-15. I am hearing that three of the manufacturers are posting up contingency for SCORE for 2013. This should be a blast!

San Felipe would not be fun in a UTV (racing)...those whoops are no joke! Make sure you have a good chiropractor lined up...and beer/tacos! :D

At the 1000, this year, they ran the east side SF loop (where all the whoops are). Our CL1 driver got our of the car after 250 miles and aall he said was the whoops were epic and his back hurt! God I love Mexico!!!!!

San Felipe would not be fun in a UTV (racing)...those whoops are no joke! Make sure you have a good chiropractor lined up...and beer/tacos! :D

At the 1000, this year, they ran the east side SF loop (where all the whoops are). Our CL1 driver got our of the car after 250 miles and aall he said was the whoops were epic and his back hurt! God I love Mexico!!!!!

The whoops suck, but the washes are fun. Can't wait!

Do you mean the washes with all the whoops and giant rocks in them?lol.
Luckily the silt beds arent whooped up and the dry lake bed and a little bit of graded road will provide some relief.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back