AutoZone Duralast 80-940 Tri Fold Ramps BAD!!!

4X4dad

:mad: These ramps will snap under the weight of a Teryx. I've used different 1500 rated ramps to load my machine and had no problems. Just wanted to keep it from happening to some one else.

i would be upset if i was to load my rhino and the ramps snap. not cool. good lookin out

:mad: These ramps will snap under the weight of a Teryx. I've used different 1500 rated ramps to load my machine and had no problems. Just wanted to keep it from happening to some one else.

Ramps are rated at 750 lbs each. Your ATV weighs 1276.1 lbs without gas and driver.

185lb driver + gas + gear + 1276.1 lb ATV = expected outcome.

Change title to AutoZone Duralast 80-940 Tri Fold Ramps "plus overloading" BAD!!!

Ramps are rated at 750 lbs each. Your ATV weighs 1276.1 lbs without gas and driver.

185lb driver + gas + gear + 1276.1 lb ATV = expected outcome.

Change title to AutoZone Duralast 80-940 Tri Fold Ramps "plus overloading" BAD!!!

Big disagree here! Nothing should ever fail at or slightly above the advertised working load. The advertised load should be considerable less than the failure point. Minimal overloading on a regular basis in a correctly engineered product might cause distortion such as bending ect. which should be easily noticed long before failure. That being said the minimum I would use would be 1.5 times the weight I needed to load. In life saving/rescue equipment the industry standard is 10 X's. What that translates to is the smallest thinest rope that I would trust my life to has a minimum breaking strength of 5k lbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back