Are UTV's allowed (TDS Desert Safari Event)

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Curious if SXS's have been welcomed or shunned at the Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari in Truck Haven/Ocotillo Wells. Anyone know?

well yes and no. The desert is open so you are allowed to run all you want. But some of the TDS rides that are organized take the JEEPS on JEEP type trails. Some of which the UTV's could hang on and some others couldnt. I have been to TDS with my UTV before and just cruised it around, you will see lots of UTV's for that matter. But you may want to just do yur own riding and not butt into the "Jeep Thing"! hahha

Yes, UTVS are welcome to the Tierra Del Sol Jeep Safari that happens every March. About two years ago they changed their rules and opened it up to UTVs. THe event has an organized run that has options to accommodate all levels of vehicles and abilities. Also, a lot of people do their own runs during the event and participate in the land use raffle and other events.

Thx Mike.. I searched all over the web this AM before posting to find out. Either way I think I'll make it a planned trip with some Rhino buddies and check it out.

Yeah it's hard to find information about it... UTVs are now also allowed to attend all Cal 4 Wheel events as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back