2013 SCORE Baja 1000 News & Information

Mexico’s Vildosola father/son duo records historic overall victory;
Udall/Weigand/Kamo win overall m/c title at 45th SCORE Baja 1000

Luke McMillin wins third straight in Class 1, Frederick team captures overall ATV victory;
Iribe, Laguna, Velasco brothers, Banning, Huerta, Wilson, Johnson, Kaplan, Prince earn class wins;
1,121.55 race started in Ensenada, Baja California and finished in La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico

LA PAZ, Mexico—For the second time in three years, Mexico’s father and son race team of Gus Vildosola and Gus Vildosola Jr have etched their names again on the granite history of the world’s most legendary desert race along with the team of Colton Udall/Timmy Weigand/David Kamo who added their names to motorsports history by capturing the overall 4wheel and 2wheel victories in the 1121.55-mile 45th Annual Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 desert race down Mexico’s mysteriously magical Baja Califonria Peninsula from Ensenada to La Paz. The season-finale of the five-race 2012 SCORE Desert Series ended Saturday.
Gustavo, 59, and Gustavo Jr, 30, of Mexicali, Mexico, repeated the history they made in this race in 2010 when they became the first Mexican national team to capture the overall title in the granddaddy of all desert racing in their No. 21, Red Bull Vildosola Racing Ford F-150. With Gustavo Jr driving large starting and finishing sections of the course and his father Gus driving a small section in the center of the course, the dedicated pair covered the exasperating course in 19 hours and 45 minutes, averaging a strong 56.79 miles per hour.
The Vildosola team also recorded the fastest time on the course for all vehicles, including motorcycles, which have recorded the fastest time in 36 of the 45-year history of the race.
Udall, San Clemente, Calif./Weigand, Valencia, Calif./Kamo, Caldwell gutted out a tough, hard-fought race against the elements as well as factory-supported team from KTM and Kawasaki, recording a team of 20:09:30 on their JCR Honda Honda CRF450X while averaging 55.64mph.
DONE DEAL
After complete review of the data tracking devices used by each vehicle in the race and with time penalties assessed accordingly for course deviations and/or speeding on the brief pavement sections used as part of the race course, the results were declared official by SCORE International officials at 1:30 p.m. PST on Saturday afternoon.
As the finish line in La Paz closed Saturday morning at 10:01:30 a.m. PST with for 174 official finishers in the 45th annual Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, it was obvious that another memorable and colorful chapter had been added to the legacy of this popular desert race in the magnificent Baja California peninsula.
With 298 starters leaving the Ensenada starting line Thursday morning, competitors from 34 states and 23 countries battled the rugged terrain in cars, trucks, motorcycles and ATVs in 35 Pro and 6 Sportsman classes. Vehicles left the start line in 30-second intervals and all vehicles had 45 hours to become official finishers of the race.
The 298 official starters represented the third highest number in the 19 years it has finished in La Paz and it is the 11th highest total in the 45-year history of the race. The 174 official finishers represents the sixth-highest number in the 19 years it has finished in La Paz and it is the 11th-highest total in the entire 45-year history of the event.
The finishing percentage this year was a very solid 58.38 percent considering the extremely dusty, bone-crushingly rocky, sometimes soggy and wet and occasionally foggy conditions along with the unique ruggedness of the course.
ATV WINNER & QUICK FACTS
Winning the overall ATV and Class 25 titles was the team led by Josh Fredericks, Moapa, Nev. The Fredericks covered the course on a Can-Am DS450 in 27:03:99m averaging 41.46mph. Frederick’s co-riders on this adventure were Jermaine Warnia, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Jarred McLure, Kasaka, Pa. and Colin Webster, Las Vegas.
The Vildosola victory also gave BFGoodrich Tires, celebrating its 37th year of SCORE Baja racing in 2012, its 26th overall 4-wheel victory in the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 in the last 27 years, including the last six straight.
In earning his first Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 race win, Udall and his teammates Weigand and Kamo gave Honda its 23rd overall motorcycle victory including its 16th consecutive 2-wheel triumph in the 45-year history of this event. It was the second overall win in this race for Weigand and also the first for Kamo.
In the battle of car and truck manufacturers, Ford has increased its lead among 4-wheel vehicles with its 16th overall engine win and as a chassis with its 14th overall win.
Finishing second overall, also faster motorcycles was Las Vegas’ B.J. Baldwin, earning his third second in the three 2012 SCORE Baja races in the No. 97 Monster Energy Baldwin Motorsports Chevy Silverado, 15:59 behind the Vildosolas, but still averaging an impressive 56.03mph.
Nine of the top 10 overall 4-wheel finishers in La Paz were from the marquee SCORE Trophy Truck division for high-tech, 850-horsepower unlimited production trucks.
Third overall among 4-wheel vehicles and in SCORE Trophy Truck was Brothers Mark and Gary Weyhrich, troutdale, Ore., was the No. 9 TSCO Motorsports Ford F-150 (20:14:18, 55.39mph) while fourth overall and in SCORE Trophy Truck was the No. 49 Monster Energy Terrible Herbst Motorsports Ford F-150 driven by driver of record Ryan Arciero, Foothill Ranch, Calif. and Las Vegas’ Tim Herbst (20:37:46, 55.37mph).
McMILLIN TRIFECTA
Completing the top five with a fifth among the 4-wheel vehicles and in SCORE Trophy Truck was San Diego’s Dan McMillin in the No. 23 McMillin Homes Ford F-150 (20:38:25, 54.34mph).
The popular second and third generation McMillin racing family had three vehicles finished in the top nine overall 4-wheel vehicles as Andy McMillin and his father Scott, who had won this race two of the last three years, finished seventh in SCORE Trophy Truck and overall in the No. 31 McMillin Realty Ford F-150 and the youngest member of the family race team, Luke McMillin, just 19, won the unlimited Class 1 for the third consecutive race in a Chevy-powered Jimco open-wheeled desert race car. Luke McMillin’s father Mark McMillin and his late grandfather Corky McMillin are both former multi-time SCORE race champions.
TIME TRAVEL
This year is the 38th time in the first 45 years of the storied race that it started in Ensenada and it is the 19th time it finished in La Paz.
It’s the oldest and most well known of all desert races, and it remains as the single most appealing accomplishment to a racer. Since 1967, the legendary race has been run over the awe-inspiring Baja California peninsula.
START/FINISH
The race started on Boulevard Costero adjacent to the picturesque Bahia de Todos Santos in front of the iconic Riviera del Pacifico Cultural Center in the heart of Ensenada. The adventure finished on the outskirts of La Paz on Highway 1 near the Grand Plaza Hotel, race headquarters for the southern half of the event.
VILDOSOLA COMMENTS
Following his team’s overall victory, which included defeating a large field of 33 SCORE Trophy Trucks, Vildosola Jr said, “It was tough going at the beginning and there were a lot of trucks in front of us. Getting around them was a little difficult but our plan was to be in 10th place by Puertecitos but we were actually in 10th place at the goat trail. We decided to take it easy from there on down and try to conserve the truck through San Felipe. This is a new (driver's) suit that I put on at race mile 785 and it looks like it went 1000 miles. We went through the first 618 miles and I got out at San Ignacio. It was just an amazing race and I'm extremely proud of our guys and extremely proud of Javi (Valenzuela, the team’s riding mechanic.)”
“We come down here and say that we represent Mexico and we went out and won another one for Mexico. We lost three or four minutes with a flat. We were behind B.J. (Baldwin) at that time and (Ryan) Arciero was behind us. I thought I lost it (the race) there because I was pushing hard to catch B.J. and we got the flat and all of a sudden at about race mile 1000 we saw him (Baldwin) so we chased after him and passed him. We got some clean air after that which was nice. I'm in love with the new truck. The truck is amazing and we drove by everyone today.”
“We actually spent some time looking at some video of the start from the SCORE Baja 500 from 2011 in preparation. I drove really hard at the start (of the 2011 SCORE Baja 500) and it didn't get my anywhere. At the SCORE Baja 1000 in 2010 I drove extremely smart and went really hard when I could and I just laid back when there was no visibility. I did the same thing this time and it ended up working out for us. We passed about five trucks before Ojos Negros and we were 10th place. By Puertecitos we were running in the top seven. We just had a good, smart race.”
UDALL REFLECTS
Honda’s Udall commented after his first SCORE Baja 1000 win, “In San Felipe I passed for the lead and I kept pulling it out and then I gave the bike to David (Kamo.) He pretty much held it or pulled it out more and then we pitted and lost some time and then I think he opened up the lead another three minutes.”
“I got on the bike and lost a bunch of time because I only pre-ran my section three times. We serviced our bike four or five times and changed tires. We had multiple rear wheels that were bald with no knobs. This course just ripped it all up, it was a very tough course. The section through San Felipe was probably one of the gnarliest workouts I ever had in my life. My whole body was locking up. I was just done.
“It was nice to get to the paved section after that. The race was awesome. The only thing out of the ordinary was that I crashed at about race mile 14. It was super dusty this morning and I made a lot of mistakes. The speed of some of the racers in front of me was just a hair off my pace and they just ruined me.”
HALL--OF FAME
The venerable Rod Hall, Reno, Nev., increased his race-record total career class wins to 22 in this event (Including the 1969). Hall, who will turn 75 this coming Thursday (Nov. 22), won the Stock Mini class this year, in a Rod Hall Racing Hummer H3. Splitting the driving with his granddaughter Shelby Hall, and Damien Michelin, they finished their agonizing adventure in 39:43:37 with an average speed of 28.23mph.
MULTIPLE CLASS WINNERS
In addition to Rod Hall, several other drivers and riders added to their class win totals in this legendary race. Leading this group was Richard Jackson, 66, Acton, Calif., who now has 13 class wins in the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, after riding on a Honda CRF450X with rider of record Canada’s Al Perrett, 74, who now has won four times in Class 60 for riders over 40 years old.
Another age group motorcycle racer, Jeff Kaplan, Thousand Oaks, Calif., added to his SCORE Baja racing legacy by earning his 11 class win in this race with his triumph in Class 40 for riders over 40 years old on another Honda CRF450X. Legendary former supercross racer Ricky Johnson picked up his fourth SCORE Baja 1000 class win as one of Kaplan’s co-riders.
With another talented team to assist, Jim O’Neal, Simi Valley, Calif., won Class 21 on a Honda CRF450X for his 11th class win in this race.
Winning for the ninth time was Donald Moss, Sacramento, Calif. (Class 3, Ford Bronco), while winning his fourth was Mike Johnson, El Paso, Texas (Class 30, Honda CRF450X).
PERFECT SEASONS
With their class wins in the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, five SCORE desert racers were undefeated in their respective classes in the 2012 SCORE Desert Series. Among the car and truck classes, their most recent victories, Moss (Class 3) and Rodolfo Iribe, Tijuana, Mexico (Class 8, Chevy Silverado) won their respective classes in all five SCORE races this season. For motorcycles, winning all three of their SCORE Baja races were Johnson, Kaplan and Marc Prince, Malibu, Calif. (Class 50, Honda CRF450X).
NEAR PERFECT SEASONS
With their victories in La Paz, car and truck class winners who earned four of five class wins for the season were Eduardo Laguna, Mexicali, Mexico (Class 6, Chevy Colorado) and Clyde Stacy, Bristol, Va. (Class 2, Mason-Chevy).
MORE CLASS WINNERS
Among the other car and truck class winners in this year’s 45th anniversary event were twin brothers Aruturo and Abel Velazco, Banning, Calif. (Class 1/2-1600, VBR-VW), Trevor Anderson, Carlsbad, Calif. (Class 5-1600), Sandy Hall, Culpeper, Va. (Class 5, VW Baja Bug), Guillermo Galvan, Bahia de Los Angeles, Calif. (Class 7, Ford Ranger), Lee Banning, Laveen, Ariz., (Class 10, Banning-Ford), Otoneil Huerta, San Luis, Ariz. (SCORE Lites, Curry-VW), Chelsea Magness, Desert Hot Springs, Calif., Ford F-150) and Joe Bacal, Anthem, Ariz., (Stock Full, Lexus LX570).
SAL FISH SCORE IronRiders
This race also featured the prestigious Sal Fish SCORE IronRider awards presented to each motorcycle or ATV rider who completed the course within the time limit while riding solo. A total of 28 individuals officially declared that they were attempting to complete the course riding solo and 11 of them finished within the time limit to earn the special award. The fastest solo rider was Jeff Kawell, Crestline, Calif., who rode in Sportsman Motorcycle >450cc, finishing second out of 35 finishers in a time of 29.06.27 on a Honda CRF450X.
The fastest Sportsman 4-wheel vehicle was led by driver of record Todd Welling, San Carlos, Calif., (SPT Car, Spectrum-Viper) while the fastest Sportsman Motorcycle team was led by Adrian Ruiz, Vicente Guerrera, Mexico (SPT M/C>450cc, Honda CRF450X).
KEEPING UP THE RPMs
RPM Racing, based in Bristol, Tenn., not only had a SCORE-record eight entries in the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, the team was leading the season point championship races in six of those classes, was second in one and tied for third in the other. With two class wins for the team in this race, RPM recorded a SCORE-record 20 class wins during the 2012 SCORE Desert Series.
With team principals Justin Matney and Clyde Stacy, who each have already captured four SCORE season class point titles individually as drivers of record, RPM Racing was forced to add additional drivers as Stacy was not available as he recovers.
RPM ended the season with a SCORE-record for a team of 23 class wins, including three wins in this race-Class 6, Class 8 and Class 2.
Eduardo Laguna, Mexicali, Mexico, is the driver of record in RPM’s Class 6 truck, Rudolofo Iribe, Tijuana, Mexico is driver of record in Class 8 and Stacy is driver of record in RPM’s Class 2 race car. Driving for Stacy in this weekend’s race was XGames Snowboarder Nick Baungartner along with regulars Steven Arlia and Mike Powell.
Matney, Bristol, Tenn., has recovered from back issues and split driving in Class 1 fro the injured driver of record Stacy with Justin Davis and the duo finished third in class in their open-wheel desert race car.
Stacy was also driver of record in the team’s Class 5-1600 VW Baja Bug and his co-drivers Thomas and Ramon Fernandez finished third while the other two RPM entries, Derek Fletcher, Abingdon, Va. in Class 4 and Jim Bunn, Bristol, Va. in Sportsman Buggy both did not finish the race because of mechanical issues.
FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS
Entries in the internationally-showcased race came from 34 U.S. states and 23 countries. In addition to the 34 U.S. States, racers have entered from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bolivia, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Guatemala, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Spain and the US Territory of Guam. Additional late entries are expected up to race morning.
COURSE NOTES
This year’s historic 45th anniversary race ran down the length of Mexico’s majestic Baja California peninsula. The challenging race course for this year was somewhat similar to 2010, but longer than the last time the race finished in La Paz, although the terrain has obviously changed significantly because of weather conditions and natural use. This year even more changes are occurring because of Hurricane Paul that came through the southern portion of the course several weeks ago.
With eight mandatory checkpoints and 70 virtual checkpoints and 12 relatively short pavement speed zones with speed limits of 60 miles per hour spread down the peninsula plus the finish line, the course started on the Pacific Ocean-side of Baja California in Ensenada and headed southeast to San Felipe on the Sea of Cortez before heading south through Coco’s Corner, Bahia de Los Angeles, San Ignacio, back to the Pacific at San Juanico, then back to the Sea of Cortez just above Loreto, back to the Pacific near Ciudad Insurgentes heading down along the Pacific through Santa Rita before turning back east and down into La Paz for the finish.
All entries were provided with GPS programs defining the course and all were required to utilize special data recording devices that plot the actual route and speeds each vehicle takes during the mammoth race.
AWARDS LIKE NO OTHER
Iconic GRAHAM-Watchmaker, headquartered in Switzerland, the Official Timekeeper of SCORE International, has designed and produced a limited-edition, high-end Chronofighter Oversize SCORE Baja 1000 collector’s timepiece that will also be one of two unique and special awards to be presented to the overall winners of the race. One of the unique, individually numbered collectible timepieces will be awarded to each of the three overall race division winners—the overall 4-wheel vehicle, motorcycle and ATV champions at this year’s granddaddy of all desert races. The three overall category champions will be awarded a category customized/personalized Chronofighter Oversize SCORE Baja 1000 limited-edition timepiece.
In addition to the once-in-a-lifetime GRAHAM Chronofighter Oversize SCORE Baja 1000 timepieces, the overall champions in the race will also each receive a special commemorative trophy from Tecate, the title sponsor of the race.
WHAT ELSE…
In addition to season class point championships, the racers are also competing for part of the nearly $400,000 in cash purse and contingency postings each race. Drivers in the Pro car and truck classes are also attempting to earn prestigious SCORE Toyota Milestone Awards given to all car and truck class drivers who complete every required mile of the five-race season. Being presented by Toyota Motorsports for the 27th consecutive year, a total of 24 drivers are still in the hunt for the awards for the 2012 SCORE Desert Series after four rounds in the five-race series.
Racers are also competing for the annual SCORE Off-Roadsman of the Year awards, including the MasterCraft Safety SCORE Rookie of the Year award. All categories, except Engine Builder and Original Buggy Chassis Manufacturer, will be determined by public on-line voting while Engine and Buggy awards are determined by season points.
SCORE SPONSORS
Tecate Beer is the title sponsor of the three SCORE Baja races.
MasterCraft Safety is co-title sponsor of the MasterCraft Safety Tecate SCORE San Felipe 250.
Official Sponsors of the 45th SCORE Baja 1000 and the SCORE Desert Series are:
-Tecate Beer, Official Beer
-BFGoodrich Tires, Official Tire
-Graham Watchmakers, Official Timekeeper
-Red Bull, Official Energy Drink
-Volkswagen of America, Official Vehicle
-Sunoco Race Fuels, Official Race Fuel
-Coca-Cola, Official Soft Drink
-Slime, Official Tire Sealant
-Symons Ambulance Company, Official Ambulance
-Bullet Liner, Official Spray-On Bedliner
-SatellitePhoneStore.com-Official Satellite Phone Rental Company
-Volaris Airlines, Official Airline
-Fox Car Rental, Official Rent-A-Car
-Lightforce Performance Lighting, Official Driving Light
-Maxtrax, Official Vehicle Recovery Device
-Azunia Tequila, Official Tequila
-Bilstein, Official Shock Absorber
-Instant Mexico Auto Insurance, Official Mexican Auto Insurance
Additional SCORE Sponsors are – Baja California Sur Tourism, Proturismo Ensenada, Baja California Secretary of Tourism, COTUCO Mexicali/San Felipe, Blue C Advertising, SignPros, PCI Race Radios, McKenzie’s Performance Products and Advanced Color Graphics.
For more information regarding SCORE International and the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, with links to the newly enhanced SCORE social media platforms, visit www.score-international.com or call SCORE at 818.225.8402.
Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Overall Champions
(1967 through 2012)
YEAR DRIVERS/RIDERS VEHICLE TIME
1967 Vic Wilson/Ted Mangels Meyers Manx VW 27:38
J.N. Roberts/Malcolm Smith Husqvarna 28:48
1968 Larry Berquist/Gary Preston Honda 20:38:28
Larry Minor/Jack Bayer Ford Bronco 21:11:32
1969 Larry Minor/Rod Hall Ford Bronco 20:48:10
Gunnar Nilsson/J.N. Roberts Husqvarna 21:35:52
1970 Drino Miller/Vic Wilson Miller VW 16:07
Mike Patrick/Bill Bowers Yamaha 18:31
1971 Parnelli Jones/Bill Stroppe Ford Bronco 14:59
Malcolm Smith/Gunnar Nilsson Husqvarna 16:51
1972 Parnelli Jones/Bill Stroppe Ford Bronco 16:47
Gunnar Nilsson/Rolf Tibblin Husqvarna 19:19
1973 Bobby Ferro/Johnny Johnson Funco VW 16:50:25
Mitch Mayes/A.C. Bakken Husqvarna 18:42:51
1974 NO RACE
1975 Al Baker/ Gene Cannady Honda 18:22:55
Malcolm Smith/Dr. Bud Feldkamp Hi-Jumper VW 18:55:49
1976 Larry Roeseler/Mitch Mayes Husqvarna 11:30:47
Ivan Stewart Chenowth VW 12:17:28
1977 Brent Wallingsford/Scot Harden Husqvarna 14:37:07
Malcolm Smith/Dr. Bud Feldkamp Funco VW 15:10:42
1978 Larry Roeseler/Jack Johnson Husqvarna 10:23:47
Mark Stahl Chenowth VW 12:55:42
1979 Larry Roeseler/Jack Johnson Husqvarna 19:48:04
Walker Evans/Bruce Florio Dodge pickup 20:48:27
1980 Larry Roesler/Jack Johnson Yamaha 12:45:13
Mark Stahl Chenowth VW 13:33:55
1981 Scot Harden/Brent Wallingsford Husqvarna 17:14:05
Mark McMillin/Thomas Hoke Chenowth VW 20:29:14
1982 Al Baker/Jack Johnson Honda 17:25:27
Mickey Thompson/Terry Smith Raceco VW 19:40:23
1983 Dan Smith/Dan Ashcraft Husqvarna 14:48:10
Mark McMillin/Ralph Paxton Chenowth VW 20:29:14
1984 Chuck Miller/Randy Morales Honda 14:34:34
Mark McMillin/Ralph Paxton Chenowth VW 16:27:09
1985 Randy Morales/Derrick Paiement Honda 17:44:42
Steve Sourapas/Dave Richardson Raceco VW 17:54:55
1986 Bruce Ogilvie/Chuck Miller Honda 18:05:52
Mark McMillin/Ralph Paxton Chenowth Porsche 18:26:28
1987 Dan Ashcraft/Bruce Ogilvie Honda 12:02:14
Bob Gordon/Malcolm Smith Chenowth Porsche 13:15:04
1988 Paul Krause/Larry Roeseler/Danny LaPorte Kawasaki 11:33:45
Mark McMillin Chenowth Porsche 13:07:09
1989 Larry Roeseler/Danny LaPorte/Ted Hunnicutt Jr. Kawasaki 17:53:16
Robby Gordon Ford Pickup 18:04:07
1990 Larry Roeseler/Ted Hunnicutt Jr./Danny LaPorte Kawasaki 11:11:45
Bob Gordon/Robyn Gordon/Robby Gordon Chenowth Chevy 12:30:45
1991 Larry Roeseler/Ted Hunnicutt Jr./Marty Smith Kawasaki 13:35:25
Larry Ragland Chevrolet pickup 16:37:35
1992 Danny Hamel/Garth Sweetland/Paul Ostbo Kawasaki 16:50:12
Paul & Dave Simon Ford Ranger 16:53:02
1993 Ivan Stewart Toyota SR5 13:29:11
Danny Hamel/Larry Roeseler/Ty Davis Kawasaki 13:57:23
1994 Danny Hamel/Larry Roeseler/Ty Davis Kawasaki 10:20:47
Jim Smith (Trophy-Truck) Ford 10:28:56
Dave Ashley/Dan Smith Ford F-150 10:43:43
1995 Paul Krause/Ty Davis/Ted Hunnicutt Jr. Kawasaki 19:31:19
Larry Ragland (Trophy-Truck) Chevrolet 20:14:12
Dale White Chevy Truck 21:57:03
1996 Paul Krause/Ty Davis/Greg Zitterkopf Kawasaki 14:11:02
Larry Ragland (Trophy-Truck) Chevrolet 14:38:59
Ryan Thomas Chenowth 15:53:56
1997 Johnny Campbell/Tim Staab/Greg Bringle Honda 13:19:59
Larry Ragland (Trophy-Truck) Chevrolet 13:53:46
Doug Fortin Chenowth 14:31:02
1998 Johnny Campbell/Jimmy Lewis Honda 18:58:48
Ivan Stewart Toyota 19:08:20
1999 Johnny Campbell/Tim Staab Honda 14:15:42
Larry Ragland Chevy 14:26:36
2000 Johnny Campbell/Tim Staab/ Craig Smith, Steve Hengeveld Honda 30:54:12
Dan Smith/Dave Ashley Ford 32:15:39
2001 Johnny Campbell/Tim Staab Honda 13:51:40
Doug Fortin/Charlie Townsley Jimco Chevy 14:35:42
2002 Steve Hengeveld/Johnny Campbell/Andy Grider Honda 16:17:28
Dan Smith/Dave Ashley, Ford 16:19:03
2003 Steve Hengeveld/Johnny Campbell/Bruce Ogilvie Honda 15:39:52
Doug Fortin/Charlie Townsley Jimco Chevy 16:24:02
2004 Steve Hengeveld/Johnny Campbell/Kendall Norman, Honda 15:57:37
Troy Herbst/Larry Roeseler, Smithbuilt-Ford 16:18:14
2005 Steve Hengeveld/Johnny Campbell/Mike Childress, Honda 14:20:30
Larry Roeseler/Troy Herbst, Smithbuilt-Ford 15:06:19
2006 Steve Hengeveld/ Mike Childress/Quinn Cody, Honda 18:17:50
Andy McMillin/Robby Gordon, Chevy C1500 19:15:17
2007 Robby Bell/Steve Hengeveld/Johnny Campbell/Kendall Norman, Honda 24:15:50
Mark Post/Rob MacCachren/Carl Renezeder, Ford 25:21:25
2008 Robby Bell/Kendall Norman/Johnny Campbell, Honda 12:29:18
Roger Norman/Larry Roeseler, Ford F-150 12:40:33
2009 Kendall Norman/Timmy Weigand/Quinn Cody, Honda 13:27:50
Andy McMillin/Scott McMillin, Chevy Silverado 14:19:50
2010 Gus Vildosola Jr./Gus Vildosola Sr., Ford F-150 19:00:04
Kendall Norman/Quinn Cody, Honda 19:20:52
2011 Kendall Norman, Santa Barbara, Calif./Quinn Cody, Los Olivos, Calif./Logan Holladay, Buellton, Calif., Honda 14:14:25
Andy McMillin/Scott McMillin, National City, Calif., Ford 14:51:36
2012 Gus Vildosola/Gus Vildosola, Jr., Mexicali, Mexico, Ford 19:45:00
Colton Udall, San Clemente, Calif./Timmy Weigand, Valencia, Calif./David Kamo, Caldwell, Idaho, Honda, 20:09.30

Tecate SCORE Baja 1000
Overall Champions

Cars & Trucks
Larry Roeseler*
Mark McMillin
Larry Ragland
Malcolm Smith**
Dan Smith***
Dave Ashley
Doug Fortin Jr.
Robby Gordon
Andy McMillin