2012 KOH INFO

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Can someone put good basic info up about the 2012 KOH race like a schedule for one, good directions, vendor list, event list, class list….the other info thread below seems to have turned into a battle about the course I don’t want to get in the middle of. I’m not a racer just a spectator but I do own a 900XP.

I don’t know anything about this race I'm new to So Cal, is it mainly rock crawling? How long a track. If I got there Friday Feb 3rd in the before noon and left Sunday is that good or is the racing over?

I’ve also heard a lot of people go am I going to have a problem getting in with a 70 foot rig? I have been to Soggy Lake Johnson Valley hope to never have to take my rig down a road like that again.

Oh and is the riding there ok for novices? Or is it off limits when the racing is on?

Any basic info be appreciated please keep on topic. Thanks!

the utv race is feb 9th

Looks like I am going to have to hunt down the promoter to get a full schedule and questions answered. Looks like I am planning a week too early. Thought someone told me it was the weekend of the 3rd. Oh well! So much for that idea. :(

like mentioned above the utv race is thursday feb 9th the main race will be friday the 10th. the race it self is a mix of open desert and rock crawling sections throughout the hills north east of the lake bed, riding should be open every where just can't be on the race course itself, from what i have heard most people get out there starting the weekend before and head home the saturday after the main race. as for riding the trails are very easy to get around on but will be very busy with the race going on. here is a link to the race website http://ultra4racing.com/category/king_of_the_hammers/

Thanks for the info everyone. Maybe next year they will consider putting the main and UTV race on a weekend so more of the working class can make it. Not that I know anything about So Cal demograhics, all I do know is I am sure I am not the only that has to work those days and therefore as a new owner of an XP900 will not get to see what vendors have to offer for my ride nor support the race. Hint, hint! :D

There are 20-30k people show up in the middle of the week. Once you go you will adjust your priorities and make the race instead of work :D

It's worth taking the time off. The reason the race is held during the week is the area is open to the public and the weekends get busy in this area. Take the time off and you won't regret it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back