Whos Racing or just attending the BAJA 500?

Ignore Amos

Avid Off Road Racing is planning on doing the race...heading down to Ensenada on the 31st or so...I know Bill Morris is going down to race as well...anybody else here?

If your coming down just to spectate and take it all in.. and if you see us (I think the only Can Am Commander racing this year) please say hey..love to meet other UtvUnderground folks..

Michael

Avid Off Road Racing

I'll be there!

Plan to weave your way through a huge bottle neck in the new section before the summit. Starting last is going to be a killer in this race!

Trust me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!

Be down there supporting the All German Motorsports TT and CL1...def look for you at contingency and say "hi"

I'll be there!

Plan to weave your way through a huge bottle neck in the new section before the summit. Starting last is going to be a killer in this race!

Trust me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!

Man I was hoping the were going to figure out a way to eliminate the bottlenecks like last year (s) really really frustrating...lets touch base down there and compare notes if you'd like..

Michael Lansky

I am not going to make this trip. I am focusing on getting projects completed so I can use them in baja to chase. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Heard from a couple of people pre running that the parts of the course are already basically impassable... the road leading to the summit at RM 120 is a nightmare and even the TT guys are trying to get it eliminated (good luck as there are no options to reroute)... that area can get so congested that if your not out front..your just screwed... takes hours just to pick your way through it all..if your lucky enough and small enough to get a good line.

Oh Joy! especially since we start dead last...

Brian, hope to see you and a lot more UTV's down there next year (and from what I'm hearing...I will!)

Heard from a couple of people pre running that the parts of the course are already basically impassable... the road leading to the summit at RM 120 is a nightmare and even the TT guys are trying to get it eliminated (good luck as there are no options to reroute)... that area can get so congested that if your not out front..your just screwed... takes hours just to pick your way through it all..if your lucky enough and small enough to get a good line.

Oh Joy! especially since we start dead last...

Brian, hope to see you and a lot more UTV's down there next year (and from what I'm hearing...I will!)

FYI...Sal is sending in a big dozer today and tomorrow to RM110 - RM120 to try and fix the issue. It is on the SCORE website. UTV guys need to pre-run that section for alt lines at a bottle neck. I have even seen 2/1600 guys that installed winches for exactly this reason (eg Caleb Gadis). Good luck amigos and I wish I was racing the Baja Bobsled down there, but it is all apart in prep for V2R.

I just confirmed. I will be going to Mexico for sure for the 500. I will head down on Thursday and come home immediately following the race Saturday night. if anyone wants to go experience Baja with a highly competitive class 1 race program let me know. I think I have an open seat.

We will be racing as usual with All German Motorsports and staying at the famous Horse Power Ranch!!! Good times sure to be had. I will be at the start line the entire morning so i plan to get pics of all the UTVs at the start. From there I will be heading down the coast around RM380 to pit the car and then chase back to the finish!!!

I have a 6am flight Sunday so I will surely be exhausted but Baja is always worth it!!!!

FYI...Sal is sending in a big dozer today and tomorrow to RM110 - RM120 to try and fix the issue. It is on the SCORE website. UTV guys need to pre-run that section for alt lines at a bottle neck. I have even seen 2/1600 guys that installed winches for exactly this reason (eg Caleb Gadis). Good luck amigos and I wish I was racing the Baja Bobsled down there, but it is all apart in prep for V2R.

This is one section that I actually wouldn't mind being ina SXS. With the samll size and 4 wheel drive that will be very helpful if there is a bottleneck. As for alternate lines, forget it. Boulders, big bushes and steep up and down hills there is zero chance for alternate lines.

The best another dozer can do now is make small parking lots for people to wait in line. I can't see how they can make the up hills or the downhill and better by just making it wider.

In our pre run we were one of the first vehicles over that section and i can only imagine how bad it has gotten since. Can just hope for the best and prepare for the worst I guess.

I hope to see some of you guys down there.

Sounds Gnar!!!!

I cant wait to get to Baja! I wish you guys all the luck down there Reid! I will be pulling for you guys and if you need anything at around RM380 or anywhere on the coast you know who to hit up!!!!

I will look for you at Tech!

Getting pump too...week away and on to MX! What are the freq you guys will be on? Once the CL1 is through and we are clear, we can monitor your channel.

Sounds Gnar!!!!

I cant wait to get to Baja! I wish you guys all the luck down there Reid! I will be pulling for you guys and if you need anything at around RM380 or anywhere on the coast you know who to hit up!!!!

I will look for you at Tech!

Joey,

I'll find you on Friday and exchange frequencies. We have some secure channels so I need to get the OK first. We'll have a crew at RM380 also but the only plan for them is to fuel the helo.

Can't wait!

Joey,

I'll find you on Friday and exchange frequencies. We have some secure channels so I need to get the OK first. We'll have a crew at RM380 also but the only plan for them is to fuel the helo.

Can't wait!

Reid, what team are you chasing? Tell me you don't have a chopper for a UTV? :eek:

Also if you see Sal remind him that we need a Pro UTV Class for SCORE (you remind him also Joey). I think the 'sportsman' moniker is keeping a lot of people away. Good luck down there!

The cats out of the bag, we built a super trick (per rules) prototype SXS and will be testing and racing in Baja. Yes we have a chopper and even have special permission to fly at night since it will be dark for the very end of the race for us.

We're running special BFG's and laugh at the new summit section!

Did you believe me for a second?

The cats out of the bag, we built a super trick (per rules) prototype SXS and will be testing and racing in Baja. Yes we have a chopper and even have special permission to fly at night since it will be dark for the very end of the race for us.

you had me at "per the rules" :D

Good! I was hoping you were not serious, because it would look pretty silly to chase a UTV with a helocopter in a Sportsman class with only four entries. Have fun down there and be safe.

I just confirmed. I will be going to Mexico for sure for the 500. I will head down on Thursday and come home immediately following the race Saturday night. if anyone wants to go experience Baja with a highly competitive class 1 race program let me know. I think I have an open seat.

We will be racing as usual with All German Motorsports and staying at the famous Horse Power Ranch!!! Good times sure to be had. I will be at the start line the entire morning so i plan to get pics of all the UTVs at the start. From there I will be heading down the coast around RM380 to pit the car and then chase back to the finish!!!

I have a 6am flight Sunday so I will surely be exhausted but Baja is always worth it!!!!

See you down there Joey. I'm going Thursday & coming home on Sunday. Helping pit #2 TT Pistol Pete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back