Whiplash "Page RACE" HAS BEEN MOVED to KINGMAN

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
HERE WE GO AGAIN MOVING PAGE TO KINGMAN JULY 9TH & 10TH!!

This has been a tough year for Whiplash and You Whiplash racers, Unbelievable actions by the Forest Service (not permitting the two promised Snowflake Races) has really thrown a wrench into our racing schedule.

For the first time in a few years Whiplash had a legitimate 5 race Desert Series, but without Snowflake the series has become a patchwork offering. With the Economy like it is, lots of racers just can't afford to race and others have to pick and choose races.

I know some of you were really looking forward to another Page Race, but here is the deal. I am going to tell it to you straight, I realize this will no doubt open the door for some Whiplash detractors and my personal haters to once again blame us for real or imagined inconveniences they might suffer from changes in our proposed schedule.

There were many reasons contributing to this decision, here are a few:
1) The high cost of travel for all of us greatly effected the number of racers that made the long trip to Gallup. Those that did come enjoyed a great track and miserable weather, but at the end of the day, the turn out did not pay the bills. Another race far from home, like Page, would probably attract the same or less numbers and the relative cost of doing a race in Page would be higher than those in Gallup were.
2) Our friend the Mayor of Page is no longer the Mayor, the costs are no longer fixed as before and the Pit Area that everyone found so inviting is now a housing project and no longer available, and while there is a new one, it is a relative bummer.
3) In Kingman we are able to combine a Whiplash Gran Prix (see the web for details) with a Moto Cross Saturday morning and thrill show on Saturday Night. Whiplash racers can do either, neither or both, plus see a Thrill Show on Saturday Night with no extra admission charge.
4) Hotels are relatively inexpensive in Kingman in July and expensive and almost non existent in Page, in July.

I am sure many of you don't want to hear about Whiplash's problems, but some of you consider us an important part of your family's recreation and count on our events. We are all struggling in this economy and I am trying to make every effort to lessen costs to your recreation from lowering entry fee's to changing venues. It is NOT a perfect world, but I believe things will change for the better as they always do eventually. In the meantime we need to hang together. Thanks for your loyalty and consideration. We hope to see you in Kingman.

Sincerely
Jay and the whole Whiplash Family

PRE-REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED:

DEADLINE:7-1-2011

PAYPAL WILL BE UP BY MONDAY FOR DESERT CLASSES ONLY

New lower Entry Fees for this RACE ONLY!!!

DESERT RACING SUNDAY
Pro Big Bike & ATV $80 w/75% payback
Spt Big Bike & ATV $50
All MX & PW Desert Kids $30
MINI SUNDAY Desert Kids $40
Pro UTV $ 80 w/75% payback
Spt UTV $50

MX RACING SATURDAY ONLY
Pro Bike & ATV $80 w/75%payback
SPT Bike & ATV $30
Mini & PW $30

SCRAMBLE CARS & TUFF TRUCKS, UTV'S
SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY

Pro UTV & TUFF Trucks $80/75%payback
Scramble Cars $30
Spt. UTV's $30

PLEASE CALL or Email with ANY QUESTIONS to:
WHIPLASH MOTORSPORTS
602-971-3730 or sabrina@whiplashracing.com

There goes my free lake powell trip this summer! :(

Guess we'll have to hit up Mead. Never been boating there before.

I'm glad I got to run Whiplash (and win) on their last good year! I'm pulling for a comeback, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Keep writing those letters guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back