JoeyD23

#utvunderground
WE1.jpg

Walker Evans Racing
RJ Anderson Finds His Groove & SWEEPS TORC Chicago
Walker Evans Racing, From TORC to LOORRS

2011_torc_chicagoland_mad_media07.jpg

RJ Anderson SWEEPS TORC Chicago - Photo Courtesy of Race-Dezert.com

Riverside, CA 9/21/2011 - Walker Evans Racing headed to Chicago's Chicagoland/Route 66 oval track with the same goal that they carry with them to each and every race. The goal to WIN! Not only would they meet that goal, they would meet that goal back to back finishing the weekend with a sweep in the Pro-Lite class moving RJ and team into 2nd in points!

RJ Anderson has been quickly finding his groove in his first season behind the wheel of the Walker Evans Racing / RAM Pro-Lite. After a very up and down start to the season it is apparent that Anderson along with the Walker Evans Racing team has figured out how to get this truck set up the way RJ likes it best. Months of tuning, tire grooving, and suspension set up has culminated in the best weekend of racing the young 18 year old driver has ever had in his first season of professional racing at the TORC Racing Series.

While the season has been ever evolving for the Walker Evans Racing / RAM Pro-Lite one thing has remained the same... The Weather! Despite traveling from track to track it seems the rain continues to follow and it followed the TORC series to Chicagoland. Because of this teams are really figuring out what works best on these wet and sloppy tracks and the same can be said about the Walker Evans Team. Traction is key and the team is finding the groove patterns that work best for their Goodyear tires. Keeping the power to the ground is crucial and in this round of racing just keeping the rubber side down would be a challenge. Some of the most spectacular wrecks of the season would occur in this round of Pro-Lite racing. Luckily RJ would keep his truck clean and free of any major collisions.

After qualifying 2nd, less than a .10 of a second behind fellow Pro-Lite young gun CJ Greaves, RJ and team knew they had the set up needed to compete at the level required to take home a win. Wednesday's evening start would make for one of the most exciting nights of racing ever seen in the Pro-Lite class. Early on in the race during lap 2, Pro-Lite points leader Andrew Caddell would send his truck flipping end over end cartwheel style in one of the gnarliest looking wrecks seen all year. He would land and continue on to battle his way back up to give RJ Anderson a run for the checkered flag. Soon after Caddell's flip defending Pro-Lite champion Casey Currie would go for a ride as his truck would get air born in another violent end over end roll forcing a red flag restart. At the red flag restart RJ would find himself in 2nd position right behind CJ Greaves, son of off-road racing star Johnny Greaves. RJ and CJ would battle all the way with RJ making his way around CJ going into the competition yellow. As the green flag dropped RJ and his Walker Evans Racing / RAM Pro-Lite would hold onto the top position. Andrew Caddell would battle back from his early wreck and get around CJ Greaves to move into second. Caddell would then put the pressure on RJ but he couldn't do enough to shake him! RJ Anderson despite a total of 5 major wrecks in the race would hold on for a BIG win in Chicago!

Thursday's race would be more of the same for the Walker Evans Racing / RAM Pro-Lite. RJ would hold off hard charging Keegan Kincaid for his second win of the weekend and his first back to back weekend of his TORC career. RJ and his team couldn't be any more happy with their performance but they know there is still a lot of racing left to get RJ in position to win a championship in his rookie year.

"I am just so stoked to get these wins. It has been a big learning experience for me this year. There is a ton of talent racing in this class which leaves me very little room for error. If you make a mistake someone is going to be right there to capitalize on it so I have been working really hard on remaining consistent while making sure I fight hard to hold my position. Nothing motivates me more than knowing if I mess up someone is going to pass me and I hate seeing someone pass me! With that said I really owe the wins to my dad and my entire team at Walker Evans Racing. I can't say enough about how hard these guys work to give me a truck that I can go out and compete at a high level with. My dad (Randy Anderson) and Walker (Walker Evans) are always right there offering up advice and making sure I have the tools needed to do work! I want to give a special thank you to all of my sponsors and to the guys at RPS (Race Prep Services) for helping us out. I also want to thank Polaris Industries for keeping a close eye on our semi and allowing us to prep it and store it at their facility for the last few months! " - RJ Anderson

#637 Walker Evans Racing Unlimited UTV Sponsors

Walker Evans Racing Wheels & Shocks - South Point Las Vegas - Polaris Off Road Vehicles - Goodyear - Kroyer - MasterCraft - Holz Racing Products - Dethrone Racing - Oakley - UTVUnderground.com - Utendorfer Design - Muzzy - K&N Filters - Summer Brothers Racing

#37 Walker Evans Racing Super-Lite Sponsors

Walker Evans Racing Wheels & Shocks - South Point Las Vegas - SoCal SuperTrucks - Goodyear - South Point Las Vegas - Dethrone Racing - Oakley - MasterCraft - K&N Filters - Utendorfer Design

#37 Walker Evans Racing Pro Lite Sponsors

Walker Evans Racing Wheels & Shocks - South Point Las Vegas - Polaris Off Road Vehicles - Goodyear - Kroyer - Oakley - EMJ Metal - Gear Works - MasterCraft - Currie Enterprises - FK Bearing - MSD - K&N Filters - Utendorfer Design​

About Walker Evans Racing
At Walker Evans Racing our goals is to design and manufacture quality, performance, race-proven products that can used for aftermarket applications. The very same product we produce is the very same product used on numerous race winning vehicles. Based in Riverside, CA Walker Evans Racing has been involved in the off road industry for over 30 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back