Walker Evans Racing News - Race Season Is In FULL SWING!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/21986671?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Deviate Films R.J.Anderson Highlight video from Firebird *CRASH FOOTAGE*

Walker Evans Racing News
Race Season is in FULL SWING​

Riverside, CA 4/6/2011 - The race season is in full swing at Walker Evans Racing. In 2011 Walker Evans Racing has already experienced success both in off road and in snowmobile competition. Last weekends event at the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) at Firebird International Raceway has capped off a glorious winter of competition for WER and our sponsored competitors.

Walker Evans Racing started the season on a high note at the opening rounds of LOORRS at Firebird Raceway but it wasn't without a hard fought battle. Walker Evans Racing Team Driver R.J. Anderson had a challenging yet rewarding weekend in the 2 classes he competes in, Unlimited UTV and the Super-Lite truck. Anderson who is competing in his new #637 Walker Evans Racing Polaris RZR XP900 felt some pressure coming in to Firebird. With not much time on the new Polaris UTV he knew he would have his work cut out for him and Saturdays results were not what R.J. or his team were exactly hoping for. Saturday's competition did allow for the Walker Evans Racing team to make the right adjustments to the machine and on Sunday it proved to be highly competitive coming into the main heat race. On Sunday R.J. was leading the race before he was clipped from behind in mid air sending the #637 into a violent tumble. Anderson was shaken but would walk away from this wreck which is a testament to the strength of his Holz Racing built chassis. While the #637 wouldn't finish the race neither would the other 99% of the field in the UTV class allowing R.J. Anderson to still come away with a 2nd place finish and some solid points needed to carry him into Rounds 3 &4 which will be held at Speedworld in Surprise, AZ on April 15-17.

"The wreck was certainly not what we were hoping for on Sunday. With limited time on the machine and a disappointing finish in UTV on Saturday we really just wanted to put the Walker Evans Racing Polaris RZR XP 900 on the podium and go into rounds 3 & 4 on a high note. Even though we came away with a 2nd place finish due to some much needed luck I still feel like I have something to prove at Rounds 3 &4 and I look forward to racing at Speedworld." - R.J. Anderson

While the struggles were evident for R.J. Anderson in UTV at the opening rounds his successes in the So Cal Super Trucks / Walker Evans Racing Super-Lite really had everyone at Walker Evans Racing excited about what is to come this season. R.J. powered away from the crowd in his #37 So Cal Super Trucks / Walker Evans Racing Super-Lite and took a commanding 1st place finish in the opening round of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. It was evident that R.J. has found his groove with the Super-Lite truck which he campaigned during the last quarter of the 2010 LOORRS season. Sunday proved to be a little tougher being that less than 2 hours before his Super-Lite race R.J. had been in that violent tumble in his Unlimited UTV. Unsure if he would even be able to compete or not R.J. dug deep, jumped behind the wheel, and did what R.J. does. He came out fast and and was again battling for first place when he would tangle with another truck leaving his stalled out on the track. Once fired up R.J. found himself at the back of the pack when the mandatory caution flag came out. With only a handful of laps left, and an unrelenting focus and will to win R.J. would battle through the pack earning him and the So Cal Super Trucks / Walker Evans Racing Super-Lite a 3rd place finish and a well deserved points lead heading into Rounds 3 & 4 at Speedworld.

"I am really pleased with the So Cal Super Trucks / Walker Evans Racing Super-Lite. It is so much fun to drive and I really feel like I can win every race in this thing. The truck is working really well and the entire team has done a great job considering we really only had a couple of weeks with the truck before heading to Firebird. I am really lucky to have such a great team behind me and I am looking forward to winning lots of races this year in both Super-Lite and our Unlimited UTV." - R.J. Anderson

1C5B7330-1.jpg

In other Walker Evans Racing news, we want to congratulate our sponsored teams who competed in this years 2000 mile Iron Dog cross country snowmobile race event in Alaska. The team of Hunting/Olds took 1st place in this challenging one of a kind race event. The Walker Evans Racing sponsored team of Branholm/Spernak took home a 4th place finish and the team of Marks/Marks took home a respectable 7th place finish. All 3 of these teams were running our Walker Evans Racing snowmobile shocks on their machines. Walker Evans Racing wants to send a special thank you to Big Lake Powersports up in Alaska for their amazing support and service to our Walker Evans Racing supported racers! For more on the Iron Dog race you can visit Iron Dog® | World's Longest Toughest Snowmobile Race

Walker Evans Racing wants to also congratulate sponsored snowmobile racer Keith Curtis for his dominating performances at this years Afton and Lost Trail Hill Climb race events. Curtis while running on Walker Evans Racing snowmobile shocks had dominating performances in both race events. We are proud to be apart of Keith Curtis' race program and look forward to many more successful events with Keith!

DSC_1701.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back