Veterans Day

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
A sharp salute and heartfelt thank you to all my brother-in-arms on this day set aside to thank and honor living veterans who served this great Nation in wartime or peacetime and to our brothers who have gone before us.

I apologize for not acknowledging my sisters-in-arms and the brave Military personnel currently serving around the world for we the American people.

Thank you for the aknowledgements of veterans and their service. I was a veteran myself, having served with Berlin Brigade and 12th SFG-A on an ODA.
But my son is a disabled vet, having served a year in Iraq and then a tour in Afghanistan where he was injured and is now 80% + disabled. He's doing much better, attending college now though. But what his unit experienced in Afghanistan was tremendously hard for them. They lost 10 soldiers in a helo crash and then a few months later, during a 2 day long firefight, lost 3 more and had several wounded. My son was wounded 2 months after that. Here is a video that his unit threw together dedicated to the men lost and wounded during that one firefight.
SSG Monti received the Medal Of Honor posthumously and SGT Lybert received the Silver Star posthumously. Both were great men, the stuff that true heroes are made of.

dedication Monti, Lybert, Bradbury.wmv - 4shared.com - file sharing - download movie file

Thank you for the aknowledgements of veterans and their service. I was a veteran myself, having served with Berlin Brigade and 12th SFG-A on an ODA.
But my son is a disabled vet, having served a year in Iraq and then a tour in Afghanistan where he was injured and is now 80% + disabled. He's doing much better, attending college now though. But what his unit experienced in Afghanistan was tremendously hard for them. They lost 10 soldiers in a helo crash and then a few months later, during a 2 day long firefight, lost 3 more and had several wounded. My son was wounded 2 months after that. Here is a video that his unit threw together dedicated to the men lost and wounded during that one firefight.
SSG Monti received the Medal Of Honor posthumously and SGT Lybert received the Silver Star posthumously. Both were great men, the stuff that true heroes are made of.

dedication Monti, Lybert, Bradbury.wmv - 4shared.com - file sharing - download movie file

Thank you for your heroic service, and that of your son along with his brothers-in-arms who made the ultimate sacrifice. It is the commitment to our Nation displayed daily by brave young men and women like them that makes me proud to be an American.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back