Suspended Fabrication 2016 YXZ1000R Yamaha BITD build

Work has begun here at Suspended Fabrication on a new Yamaha YXZ1000R build for the 2016 BITD season. We will be posting build photos periodically to show the progression and development of the exciting new race car. Here at Suspended Fabrication we are in the relentless pursuit of racing perfection. The never ending race to be faster, It’s what we do, every day. It’s in our blood. Win or lose, tomorrow we start again. Stay tuned for more updates.

Attachments

• IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    492.9 KB · Views: 155
We are getting close to having the new Yamaha we are building for Jeremiah Staggs ready to test at the Parker 250 this weekend. Lot of late nights, but thats par for the course in Desert Racing!

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 79
More build pics

Attachments

• IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    668.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    638.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    586.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 84
Looks like the new Yamaha will make it to the race just barely. A lot of the fine cosmetic details wont be finished, but she should be ready to race. And we will have her all polished up for the UTV world championships

Attachments

• IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    562 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1333.JPG
    673.6 KB · Views: 129
Going straight from shop to starting line, so expectations are just to be able to start the race, a finish would be awesome. Going to do quite a bit of testing and fine tuning bewteen now and the UTV world championships which should be the real show of what a yamaha can do.

We'll done guys. Dean & Coco are awesome to work with and know how to build a race car!

Just returned from the Dark Side last night... Congrats on pulling the Yammie together in time; bummed on it not making the full pull due to extenuating circumstances and seeing what it could do. Jeremiah: Be thankful you were driving a car that was built by race car builders as you walked away unscathed. We had a 16 car taken out of the B1K years ago at RM 78 when someone backed onto the course blind after being stuck for 20 mins. To bad common sense doesn't come with the helmet...

Now finish my stuff, I have a tee time on the back 9!

yeah there is a reason Suspended fab builds my cars, I know they will keep me safe in any kind of accident. That is a crazy story and your right I am glad no one got hurt and will never understand why they did what they did as i have gone over it in my head 1000 times now, and also if i could have done something different. First time UTV racers IMO shouldn't be allow to just show up and sign up in the pro class they should have to race sportsman a few times first if no utv racing,car or truck experience can be proven and I mean desert! good luck with you car ! should be dialed when they are done with it.

Last edited:
Age old convo in desert racing: A fat wallet guy can buy a class 1 or TT and go race with ZERO experience as long as the check clears, which is a truly scary thought. Sadly; as long as the guy has a cool wrap and a bad arse team name/logo everyone is good with it???

As for the UTV class maybe it should use the same theory most other forms of motorsports do: Rookies run a ribbon and start at the back for the first 3 races. The biggest issue is, we've seen guys that have raced for years that are still stupid or show tendencies toward idiocy. We were taken out by a "Top Level" TT team that was racing hard for 15th place and well behind the herd, while we were in contention for the win in our class at the Parker 425 one year. The sad fact is common sense is lacking with a lot of racers...

Hopefully we'll see you out there soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back