SS 300 Homework

JLeeper

J-Leep - UTVUnderground Approved
Nice weather,anyone do homework this weekend? Heard it's kind a technical the first 30 or so miles.

This is a copy of a post from RDZ answering Matt's question about the prerun fwiw...

"Very Very Dusty, will need a good rain or 2 b4 race day. I am praying every day for 30mph winds that day. A good rally car will beat everyone out there. Passing will be difficult due to dust, narrow track, and few places to pass. Last 4 miles will be really hard if you come in late-a"London Fog" dust cloud appears in this area and looms for hours. 0.0 Whoops and lots of Tight mtn. roads. Seal your motors well, lots of water,poco snow. Tons of big rocks within 3 feet of the track, dust passing scary! Weather always seems to be nice at this race, heat issues should not be a factor.Should have a very low attrition rate. Absolutely no hotels unless you already booked. Good luck to all the SS 300 Competitors. "

Mike

This is a copy of a post from RDZ answering Matt's question about the prerun fwiw...

"Very Very Dusty, will need a good rain or 2 b4 race day. I am praying every day for 30mph winds that day. A good rally car will beat everyone out there. Passing will be difficult due to dust, narrow track, and few places to pass. Last 4 miles will be really hard if you come in late-a"London Fog" dust cloud appears in this area and looms for hours. 0.0 Whoops and lots of Tight mtn. roads. Seal your motors well, lots of water,poco snow. Tons of big rocks within 3 feet of the track, dust passing scary! Weather always seems to be nice at this race, heat issues should not be a factor.Should have a very low attrition rate. Absolutely no hotels unless you already booked. Good luck to all the SS 300 Competitors. "

Mike

HMMMM my idea might work then :rolleyes:

My packet came in the mail today...with a nice race course map...looks like due East for the first 25 miles (into the Sun..oh yhea! ) then north..into the foothills (they call them mountians) looks like a challenging course.

Last edited:
My packet came in the mail today...with a nice race course map...looks like the due East for the first 25 miles (into the Sun..oh yea! ) then north..into the foothills (they call them mountians) looks like a challenging course.

just pull over and i will show ya where to go J/K ;)

Mike

Thanks a ton for the great description of the layout. How deep are the water crossings? I have some electrical down by the battey (relays etc) that are under the drivers seat. Do I need to move them up?

Josh Daniels (class 1 and Danzio engines) said no more than a foot deep. I have stuff down there too and I am not going to move it.

MP

Josh Daniels (class 1 and Danzio engines) said no more than a foot deep. I have stuff down there too and I am not going to move it.

MP

Great. I was hoping I would not have to move all that electrical. I will go through and slather it with dielectric grease. That should do it.

Mike

That sounds exciting..........NOT...hahhaha I think I am happy I will be behind a lens and not behind the dashboard for this one!!! haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back