SR1 Chains! Chains won't hold up!

Looking to find out what 530 chain seems to be the best going in the SR1 world. We have been running sidewinder and volare chain and they simply won't hold up, so were looking to the SR1 world for advise to get a chain that is premimum product with a great reputation. Everthing is lined up correctly and just simply cannot find a chain that will live and these bad boys are adding up price wise. PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES ON SR1 CHAINS! We beat on these things in race mode for four hours!

I ran DID X-Ring chains on my R-1 car. I broke 1 after 2 seasons of riding. If your engine and drive is too close together you will have chain issues as well.

It is in a Protolite SS1000, motor and RPM reverser box set up as the mfg. builds it. Has GSX-R 1000 engine 17 front and 20 tooth rear. Just at this point the chains we have been running just aren't premium chains and are lookin to a closer type of car to see what lives under extreme abuse and so far as we can tell the SR1 are the closest!

It is in a Protolite SS1000, motor and RPM reverser box set up as the mfg. builds it. Has GSX-R 1000 engine 17 front and 20 tooth rear. Just at this point the chains we have been running just aren't premium chains and are lookin to a closer type of car to see what lives under extreme abuse and so far as we can tell the SR1 are the closest!

The big difference on the SR1s is that they are not running a gear reduction box. I looked at the rpm box when I built my r1 rhino and I didnt like the extreme low reduction they offered as I knew it was going to create a shorter chain and smaller sprockets. Id start with looking at the chain length and if it can be made longer.

those small sprokets bend the chain alot, i think the SR1 cars use a 52 rear sproket which does not bend the chain as much and creats alot less heat than yours.

Have concluded that a blower unit mounted toward the drive sprocket on motor is going to added and ordered DID X chain from Hyper racing to get after the issue. Are also going to send chain and gears to get Cryo treated to reduce the stretching process and make the chain live longer. Thanks for the input guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back