Racer thoughts on the KOH course?

yield2me

After the 11 page saga a few weeks ago, just curious on what everyone thought now that it is over.

My thoughts are that the course was about perfect.

Lots of desert, the rocks were doable with out carnage if you paid attention, and the distance was fine. Fissure mountain was awesome to ride...too bad the gopros died!

If we didnt have the CV/Axle issues we probably would of been in around the 3:30 mark. We wasted alot of time tearing the rear end apart replacing them (4 times total), then broke a factory CV on the left rear on School Bus forcing me to run to the pits to get a spare.

So post up if youthought it was too hard, too easy, too long, too short!

Rob

I thought is was PERFECT! Seriously. I wish we could run this race twice a year on the same course!

What were you guys driving?

Rob raced a Rhino and finished the race 17th.

I think the course was pretty good. Wouldn't mind a few more rocks sprinkled in though. A little up hill rock section would be good, and maybe a spot where some would have to winch up. :D

I really liked the uphill spot the first few years where you could go up the sand hill or take the rocks. Adds excitment & strategy when there are two options.

I thought the coarse was awesome!:D More rocks would be nice......if you get to them before the traffic jam! LOL I'd say 100 Miles Min next year!

Length was excellent.

Mix-up of obsticals was good.:rolleyes:

It was great.

The down side was drivers not yielding to horn warnings. I came very close to nurffing someone that would not yeild. Race ediquite was lacking. If this does occur again there will be nurffing.

Hats off to Brian! We love you and appreciate your sportsmanship.

Saftey was lacking. Frenchy got knocked off of course by a buggy going the wong way on an active race course. Where were was the support? Why wasn't the course monitored? He was left wedged, nose down, between two rocks. Quite a few buggys passed buy, but one finally stopped to 'un-wedge' him.

My car broke the engine casing after tipping over and being 'righted'. The co-driver was slightly injured. It would have been nice to have an incident report, but no staff on the course. My car was towed back by two rhinos, and our mechanic drove back to fix Frenchys tie rod. Frenchy was able to motor out.

I am currently going through test & isolation w/IRC. Questions remain as to why IRC tracking showed my car on the web, yet there was no data or communication received by IRC. My tracking unit was assigned to another vehicle on Friday, and during the registeration process I was told that my information was deleted. I purchased my harness, transmitter and receiver. It was received without packing.

So, the course was ok. No longer, as getting proper pit support for any longer a race would be problematic to say the least.

The down side was drivers not yielding to horn warnings. I came very close to nurffing someone that would not yeild. Race ediquite was lacking. If this does occur again there will be nurffing.

I was stuck behind one guy for about 5 miles. Horn blaring, lights flashing, and FINALLY he noticed me and gave me room. I could have tried to pass without room, but to have done so would have risked both cars safety.

Saftey was lacking. Frenchy got knocked off of course by a buggy going the wong way on an active race course. Where were was the support? Why wasn't the course monitored? He was left wedged, nose down, between two rocks. Quite a few buggys passed buy, but one finally stopped to 'un-wedge' him.

Well frenchy's story is super f'd up. For sure. However I don't think there are enough personnel to monitor the entire course to keep people off. Plus, random people/animals/cars is part of desert racing. Look at Dakar and Baja.

About mile 60? 65?, I blew by a Honda Ridgeline that was starting to cross the course. I probably scared the shit out of them, because I didn't slow down at all. My co driver thought I was nuts. I was going 45ish and I thought for sure they would stop, but they kept coming and coming, and finally stopped when I was ten feet away. I blew right by them, spraying their car with dust and rocks. I'm not one to damage other peoples stuff, but come on, its a race course. I hope those rock scratches on their front end taught them a lesson. At that point, I was the 7th or 8th car by, so I'm sure some of the other finishers saw the Honda out there just driving around aimlessly.

I was stuck behind one guy for about 5 miles. Horn blaring, lights flashing, and FINALLY he noticed me and gave me room. I could have tried to pass without room, but to have done so would have risked both cars safety.

Well frenchy's story is super f'd up. For sure. However I don't think there are enough personnel to monitor the entire course to keep people off. Plus, random people/animals/cars is part of desert racing. Look at Dakar and Baja.

About mile 60? 65?, I blew by a Honda Ridgeline that was starting to cross the course. I probably scared the shit out of them, because I didn't slow down at all. My co driver thought I was nuts. I was going 45ish and I thought for sure they would stop, but they kept coming and coming, and finally stopped when I was ten feet away. I blew right by them, spraying their car with dust and rocks. I'm not one to damage other peoples stuff, but come on, its a race course. I hope those rock scratches on their front end taught them a lesson. At that point, I was the 7th or 8th car by, so I'm sure some of the other finishers saw the Honda out there just driving around aimlessly.

Excellent. Though the motto goes, "he who has the most lug nuts wins". In Frenchy's case, he lost. (grin). He has vowed to never race again.

Excellent. Though the motto goes, "he who has the most lug nuts wins".

funny you should say that.

424072_10150774483351562_729536561_12209936_856057101_n.jpg

Prerunning oops

nice Bill!! :D

ha, Bill isn't taking the credit, err, blame for that. That little mishap is my fault. :eek:

We were just driving along towards Elvis, and suddenly the car got squirrelly, made a clunk noise, and then we fell over. The wheel kept going. All of the lugnuts were still sitting in the wheel, stuck in the beadlock.

No damage other than a slightly bent wheel stud. Easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back