Racer disregard for each other

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuI3wWHtV40&feature=player_embedded"]2011 BITD Vegas to Reno Contingency - UTV driver interviews - YouTube[/ame]

The last interview. Seems like a real DICK thing to say and do.

"Catch them, Punt them and Break them"

Is this how it works?

Did this happen? I see the 1932 car is in the unofficial top 5 but not the 1924. Are pay backs in order?

Bud

It was a joke. Mike said it tongue in cheek. The 1932 Baja Bobsled finished second and is no longer the points leader. So now Lasher has to 'Catch,' 'Punt,' ...'and Break' someone else! Haha :p

2011 BITD Vegas to Reno Contingency - UTV driver interviews - YouTube

The last interview. Seems like a real DICK thing to say and do.

"Catch them, Punt them and Break them"

Is this how it works?

Did this happen? I see the 1932 car is in the unofficial top 5 but not the 1924. Are pay backs in order?

Bud

I wouldn't worry about it, that is just part of the "talk" that goes on. Trust me, these guys take care of one another more than you'll ever know. Hang around the racing forums prior to the races and you'll see all kinds of comments going back and forth. Come race day, they are all business, but there isn't any trashing or bashing.
Mike is a nice guy (even if he does drive a Kawi) and the guys he's talking about are good guys too, even for being Polaris pilots..

That comment was by no means serious... I was asked by Race-Dezert and UTV Underground to stir up some controversy... I never did catch Parks and even if I had I never would have punted him. The first thing I had said to Parks when I saw him was to disregard my comment as it was all in fun. Just as we had joked about preping the cars with only wd-40 for this race. It was all in good fun. Sorry if I offended anyone by that comment! I think the UTV racers are some of the best out there and really enjoy racing with everyone!

Mike, the wd-40 soaking failed to fix my motor or it's oiling problems, so I have a new strategy...

Giant Beer Vats to soak the car in...(and at least if it doesn't work, who cares..we got beer!)...

Beer_Vat_Move.jpg

I too am appalled at Mike Lasher's comments. I mean, just cause I am a little heavy set doesn't mean I always want a cheeseburger. It is hard for me to always hear him talk about cheeseburgers to me, he does it just so he can watch the drool run out of my mouth and it really upsets me. OK so I have a cheeseburger problem, am I the only cheeseburger addict in the world? NO, am I the biggest? Maybe...but it doesn't mean you have to constantly pick on my eating habits. As for punting the Baja Bobsled...well we all knew that was a joke, I mean come-on, Mike hasn't passed another UTV since this cheeseburger eating stud muffin was in the right seat of his car. Even I knew that was just a joke........

lol

In all seriousness, I do not like cheeseburgers that much anymore. I have tried to limit myself on them so the joke is kind of irrelevant anymore.

oh and yeah, I prompted Mike to stir it up a little. Our hope was to get Jagged and Parks on the video to also dish it back to Mike but we couldn't catch up with them...Bud, if you hang out a while I think you will find that while we may have some good discussion that involves difference of opinion, the UTV desert class is really supportive of one another. Never would I expect to see any of our guys punt each other on purpose and certainly a guy like Mike wouldn't put it out there like that in seriousness. We were all just having a little fun. Lasher is an important player in our sport and is the last guy to support such activity. But Mike is also a funny jokester so to have some fun we initiated a little smack amongst our UTVUnderground brethren. It was all in good fun.

I too am appalled at Mike Lasher's comments. I mean, just cause I am a little heavy set doesn't mean I always want a cheeseburger. It is hard for me to always hear him talk about cheeseburgers to me, he does it just so he can watch the drool run out of my mouth and it really upsets me. OK so I have a cheeseburger problem, am I the only cheeseburger addict in the world? NO, am I the biggest? Maybe...but it doesn't mean you have to constantly pick on my eating habits. As for punting the Baja Bobsled...well we all knew that was a joke, I mean come-on, Mike hasn't passed another UTV since this cheeseburger eating stud muffin was in the right seat of his car. Even I knew that was just a joke........

lol

In all seriousness, I do not like cheeseburgers that much anymore. I have tried to limit myself on them so the joke is kind of irrelevant anymore.

oh and yeah, I prompted Mike to stir it up a little. Our hope was to get Jagged and Parks on the video to also dish it back to Mike but we couldn't catch up with them...Bud, if you hang out a while I think you will find that while we may have some good discussion that involves difference of opinion, the UTV desert class is really supportive of one another. Never would I expect to see any of our guys punt each other on purpose and certainly a guy like Mike wouldn't put it out there like that in seriousness. We were all just having a little fun. Lasher is an important player in our sport and is the last guy to support such activity. But Mike is also a funny jokester so to have some fun we initiated a little smack amongst our UTVUnderground brethren. It was all in good fun.

Now that is funny. Good Stuff. We all hate each other.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwB76o-3Go&feature=player_detailpage]Chris Rock - Black people hate white people - YouTube[/ame]

Well that is good to hear it all in good fun.

So what is the protocal for passing or being passed?

Bud

Pulled from RDC.

Nerfing 101

Is there room for the racer to move over?

Do not expect someone to pull off the course if there is nowhere for them to go. Also, if you have lots of suspension and the other guy is limited you should go around.

Was the other vehicle “at speed” or injured and limping?

If the other guy is limping to the pits you are expected to go around him. However, if your car is injured to the extent that you are endangering the other racers by traveling too slow you should remove yourself from the racecourse.

Were you racing for place or way down and just trying to finish?

This works both ways. If you ain’t racin’, get out of the way! On the other hand, if you aren’t in the race don’t ruin someone else’s race.

After the contact did you allow reasonable time for the other driver to react?

Don’t expect the other racer to react immediately. They should now be looking for an opportunity to move over

After the contact did you back off or stay right on his bumper?

In many cases, due to terrain and such, the other car will have to slow to leave the course. Allow them sufficient room.

In an area with multiple race lines, did you nerf the other vehicle because you wanted the better line?

Did you not move over because you didn’t want to be in the other racer’s dust?

The only racer who doesn’t run in the dust is the lucky one who starts first. And his clear air never lasts for more than one lap.

“If ya get caught, move over”!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5tBjEbYAjcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, raccers all trash talk, but comes down to a problem, they all are willing to jump in and help each other, having raced with lLasher, jagged, i can tell you they are some good people and enjoyed racing, wish we could get RZR's edge back together. good race guys!! Polaris did show its strength.

Hey, raccers all trash talk, but comes down to a problem, they all are willing to jump in and help each other, having raced with lLasher, jagged, i can tell you they are some good people and enjoyed racing, wish we could get RZR's edge back together. good race guys!! Polaris did show its strength.

I agree. Lets get RZR's Edge back together.

This is all I could think of while watching Mike's interview...

"I don't know what to do with my hands...."

:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PP3QU7wjI&feature=related]Talladega Nights Rickey Bobby Camera Interview...WHOOOOO! - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back