parker 2 day run

The whole IRC thing is a sore subject for us. We are required to purchase this junk every race, yet when the the tracker does not work which is quite often IRC is not held accountable at all. They never offer to make it right.

At V2R our tracker was not working when it went in the car. of course they said it was a problem with the car. This is understandable considering what a hunk of crap our car is. Anyway they moved the antenas around and finaly got it to link up. At the start they came over and said we were off line again. They messed around for a while and said it was due to low voltage. Again car problem, according to IRC. Our car never dropped below 14.2 volts for the entire race according to our instrumentation. The tracker is wired directly to the battery. Huh, go figure.

We contacted IRC and were told that they would investigate and get back with us. of course they never called back. So again, no acountability and no responsibility to the racers.

This system is fantastic in concept but it is not perfected yet. They are making a killing on the racers while they try to figure it out.

This system is supposed to be a safety feature. I would put no faith in IRC if my life depended on it. In fact just the opposite.

One more thing. If your car ever catches on fire, make sure you pull the IRC out before you climb out. A burned up box will cost you $2400 dollars. You heard it right. :eek:

Sorry for the rant and gee, thanks IRC for the $100 discount!

i agree with you 1000% got to love being a test subject and having to pay for it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back