Over Heating 2008 770EFI Polars Crew Cab

Iron Web

I have no clue on which direction to go. I bought this rig and thought I was getting a great deal but it has been a head ache. Do these things over heat often? If so what should i be looking for. I want to resolve this so I can use my car. Should have not sold my Rhino. Just trying to build a hunting wagon. Also the rear differential was cracked on the lock and unlock side for the turf control. Is this a common break or just not my lucky day? Any and all help would be appreciated:(

IRON WEB,
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN LKOK FOR. ON THE OVERHEATING ISSUE I WOULD WOULD FIRST LOOK AT THE FAN RELAY. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM. THEY RELAY BECOMES WEAK AND CAN NOT KEEP THE FAN RUNNING LONG ENOUGH TO BRING DOWN THE TEMP OF THE MOTOR. ALSO I HAVE SEEN WERE POLARIS PUTS IN THE WRONG AMPERAGE OF A RELAY FROM THE FACTORY. THIS WORKS FOR A LITTLE WHILE UNTIL THE FAN MOTOR BREAK'S IN A CAUSES MORE DRAW. IT SHOULD HAVE A 20AMP RELAY BREAKER IN IT.
I HAVE REPLACED ABOUT 10 REAR DIFF'S MY SELF. EVER ONE IS FROM 2007 AND UP WHEN THEY CHANGED THE STYLE OF REAR DIFF'S. ONCE DIFF'S WERE REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE THERE WAS NO MORE PROBLEM'S. I PERSONALLY THINK THE SPRING KEEPING THE DIFF LOCK DOG IN PLACE IS WEAK AND ALLOWS THE DIFF TO LOCK UP AT HIGHER RPM'S AND SPEED. I HAD DIFF'S FAIL FROM 2HR'S UP TO 200HR'S. POLARIS SAYS THERE IS NO PROBLEM. I WAS A DEALER AND THE ONE'S UNDER WARRANTY GOT FIXED THE ONE'S OUT GOT NO LOVE ON THE SITUATION.
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT. POLARIS IS A GREAT MACHINE.
PM ME WITH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS

Just bypass the fan relay run leads straight to the battery keep it always on see if it helps....thermostat not opening(check), air in lines(bleed), leak down test rent tester @ autozone, weak coolant(hydrometer test), dirty or broken coolant fins, faulty pressure cap, running lean(faulty map/idle air sensor or coolant sensor or injector, to name a few....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back