Polaris need advice on XP suspension setup

fresno69

i finally bought a new XP, and i have only put around 25 miles of hard, fast motorcross type terrain driving. i'm pretty impressed for being right out of the box, but as always there are small adjustments that everyone learns as they go. since this car is new to me and most of you have alot of seat time in a XP, i wanted to know what shock adjustments (preload and compression) seem to be the best in a motorcross situation, high speed whoops, rutted up turns, medium size drops and jumps etc.. there are usually two adults in the car at all times, and a small ice chest..LOL.
thanks guys, i would appreciate any input on setting up a stock XP

Rebound adjust would be my preference, for whoops, you want the tire in contact with the ground and if rebound is too slow, the tire may not be in contact with the ground and may pack, if rebound is too fast, the spring will unload and cause the vehicle to kick. You can upgrade your stock shocks with a rebound adjust upgrade kit through FOX, this will save you some coin since you do not have to buy complete shocks.

Rebound adjust would be my preference, for whoops, you want the tire in contact with the ground and if rebound is too slow, the tire may not be in contact with the ground and may pack, if rebound is too fast, the spring will unload and cause the vehicle to kick. You can upgrade your stock shocks with a rebound adjust upgrade kit through FOX, this will save you some coin since you do not have to buy complete shocks.

Has anyone tried this upgrade by Fox? If so how did it work? We just bought a new 900 and it definetly needs some more rebound damping. I plan to revalve myself, but if this kit works, all the better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back