Miller Jeep trail camp & ride Aug. 19th-20th

Piru Creek.....the start of Miller Jeep section
2051-img-0188.jpg

Are you part of the famous Mckinzie brothers? If so bring some Canadian beer Hoser, "A"!
Wow I havent heard that since the 80's. You must be old...........................................like me:D

This ride's looking good; weekend is open and pretty close. I have a bone stock XP and have never done this trail so should I expedite the UHMV skids and trailing arm protection?

Wow I havent heard that since the 80's. You must be old...........................................like me:D

This ride's looking good; weekend is open and pretty close. I have a bone stock XP and have never done this trail so should I expedite the UHMV skids and trailing arm protection?

It always nice to slide over some thing then to lose a layer or two of metal, I have seen some nice ones for the XP.

Yes you will for sure want to at least get the UHMW skid on. It's an awesome trail, you're gonna love it!

Both skids and trailing arm protectors are generally a good idea on these trails but not necessary. I'm still running stock skids but have A-arm guards. You just take your time and hope you picked the right line.....I don't always pick the right line and have battle scars..:eek:

Are most bringing Toy Haulers or is everyone tenting it? Are we camping on the trail Saturday night or coming back to staging area?

Are most bringing Toy Haulers or is everyone tenting it? Are we camping on the trail Saturday night or coming back to staging area?

Most are bringing toy haulers. The staging area is for dispersed camping only. THe ranger told me "no tenting", just self-contained units. I am bringing my travel trailer. We will not be camping on the trail or Alamo. Most of us get there Friday and just hang out and enjoy each others company. The camping thing is part of the fun. Saturday will be an ALL day riding event from 8:30am til about 5-6pm. Saturday night we will probably have a pot-luck style meal together with more hanging out and just enjoying these beautiful mountains and tranquility. I may do a sunset run to Frazier Mountian look-out Friday night, which is about a 90 minute turn-around trip. This weekend of riding will put a grin on your face that will be hard to wipe off.:D

1. Trukndave (Camping 8/19 – 8/21)
2. Jim and Melissa - (Camping)
3. Grumpysrzr4
4. Mike B. (Teryx, Camping)
5. John RZRS(in spirit)
6. Rich, Cheryl, Max and the cat (Camping)
7. George, Kathy and Lucky (Camping)
8. Vbosch02 (Ryan) (possibly camping) RZRS,
9. Cisco Kid (Camping 8/19 - 8/21)
10.Simi Dude & Zac (Camping)
11. Sand Shark and son (Camping?)
12. Dan and Chris Kiewicz (Camping- I may not be able to make this one because of the launches starting 8-5
13. Kevlar (Camping)
16.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->

Expect to share the trail with other 4-wheelers and some of these....
2148-8fed15f9-1.jpg

What is it a Gopher snake? You're too damn far away to tell. Next time get a little closer so your subject can be observed in detail.;)

What is it a Gopher snake? You're too damn far away to tell. Next time get a little closer so your subject can be observed in detail.;)

Si, Gopher snake.....but it had a machine gun on it's right side! Very dangerous...:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back