Maverick and XP1000 duke it out @ Heartland Challenge

MUCHADO

Maverick and XP1000 duked it out on Friday at the Heartland Challenge in Carlisle, Iowa... some tight racing :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwH-7G0zg_o&feature=share&list=UUGDNZOpc0SQq2ACTk2WsHoQ"]XP 1000 VS Maverick - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/eKCw1LTw4Ec[/ame]

That's an awesome video looks like they are neck and neck together I would like to hear what people thought about the two of them which one people prefer and pros and cons on both

That's an awesome video looks like they are neck and neck together I would like to hear what people thought about the two of them which one people prefer and pros and cons on both

They were both getting it.. Ben was driving the Maverick checkers or wreckers style and I think the guy in the XP1000 was trying to keep it together--he kept brake checking...

There's a couple of our buddies with deposits down on the XP1000 - we will find out how they compare in the next month or so. The race course was so tight, I'm not sure you could say one machine was superior... XP900 was first and second place followed by a Can Am in 3rd.. The XP1000 kept it together the whole race, Maverick smoked 2 belts and ended up breaking a rear axle/losing the wheel+brakes when he smoked a tree.

You could definatly tell the guy in the mavrick was driving his harder than the xp1000 but I was looking at the straight aways and some of the open turns from the other camara views and looked to be pretty close power wise, and through the turns as well I'm really excited to see them in a side x side comparison. It would be awesome if a 3rd party would do it. Maybe throw the wildcat x in there too :)

I think there were 35 or 36 toal UTVs. 21 or 22 open, 4 modified, and 9 limited. I also noticed looking at the overall results, that the Teryx4 in the limited class finished one spot ahead of the XP1000! ( I'm pretty sure the XP spent some time in the pits with a minor mechanical issue bumper replacement?)

Sorry we missed it this year (went to v2r), looked like a good time. Wished they would let me run my 570 single seat, like they did last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back