Yamaha major Rhino axle problems

Baxter

I have a customer of mine that has an 06 rhino that repeatedly breaks rear axles and cv's.Stock tires,no lift,relatively stock engine ! Two axles ago I put a rear diff tab in it and it seamed to fix it until it busted the aluminum boss off the diff housing and then broke the EPI shaft.Is it possible for them to bind up that bad to break the diff and axles? He drives this thing no harder than I do mine.The part that is majorly differant than mine is the underside is beat severly.If I had to guess the belly of it has a 1 to 1 1/2 bow in it.Including where the engine mounts are.I know that it being direct drive to the rear diff that this is a big issue but is there more than one?The question is do you think I should cut the bottom out of it and burn new mounts on my table and one giant skid for the bottom or what's the chances this thing has more than one issue and he should have just bought a new chassis?Making new mounts don't scare me.Making new mounts and him being in the same boat is what scares me.It broke that EPI clean and I was there when he did it.It happened pulling up a small hill not really getting on the gas hard.Any suggestions and insite would be greatly appreciated.

Side note: He's buying a new rear diff and putting a diff tab back on.

Depending on how deep in fab you wanna get, it might be easier to just swap everything over to a fresh frame. You should be able to find one fairly cheap these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back