Land Use News and Articles from Del Albright

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Several issues are facing OHV recreation in our great country that deserve our attention, not to mention the economy and what it is doing to our sports. Please feel free to use/share this info. As always, please feel free to contact me anytime about land use and access issues.

Thanks, Del

Article: Locked Gates:

My latest article (“View From the Locked Gateâ€ÂÂ) about land use, access and impending land closures is posted (downloadable) here View from the locked gate by Del and Stacie Albright. It is free for use to any motorized/mechanized-friendly media.

Wilderness Campaign and new (again) Roadless Rule:

My BRC partner Brian Hawthorne calls it “Wilderness creep†and it is really coming on strong – more and more efforts to lock us out of our public lands with Wilderness designations, huge land bills in Congress, and persistent attacks on our existing routes. And now the President has re-surfaced the Clinton Roadless Rule. This is huge (and bad) news for outdoor recreation. Read more here: BlueRibbon Coalition: Preserving your recreational access to public lands.

New OHV Park in Alabama:

A new OHV park opens at Hawk Pride Mountain in Alabama. The name of the park is Hawk Pride Offroad and encompasses 1,000 acres! Reports indicate this is a first class park with well thought-out trails, camping area, covered pavilion, snack bar, and more!

CO High Country in Trouble:

The comment deadline is approaching on a draft Travel Plan for a very popular OHV area in Colorado. The Taylor Park / Gunnison Basin Travel Plan is out for public review and comment, and the deadline is next week, JUNE 3, 2009.

Go to my blog to learn more: Del Albright's Blog: CO: Gunnison and Taylor Park Trails (in jeopardy)

Del
KI6WER
Ambassador, BlueRibbon Coalition
State Environmental Affairs Coordinator, CA4WDC
Email: brdel@sharetrails.org; or del@delalbright.com

“Protecting recreational access and the economic value it brings to America’s rural communities means you’ll be leaving the world a better place; it is a worthy and noble cause to provide for a future America.†Greg Mumm, Executive Director, BlueRibbon Coalition, Jan. 2009

# # #

The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible use of public lands and waters, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. It represents over 10,000 individual members and 1,200 organization and business members, for a combined total of over 600,000 recreationists nationwide. 1-800-258-3742. BlueRibbon Coalition: Preserving your recreational access to public lands.

All great articles to read, take the time and check them out. Excellent place to start on your journey to becoming involved with saving your riding areas!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back