Ken Block Gymkhana Remix Vid

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
I saw this on RDC last night and then it was emailed to me today so I figured I would post it here fo reveryone..............this is the REMIX Vid of the Origional Video.....if you havent seen the OG vid then you are missing out, but this remix vid is super cool as well!

GYMKHANA

DC RELEASES KEN BLOCK’S LATEST INSANE GYMKHANA VIDEO REMIX
AND NEW MINISITE DCSHOES.COM/GYMKHANA

April 6, 2009 – Vista, CA – If you are amongst the 20 million who have seen DC Co-founder Ken Block’s first Gymkhana Practice video then you need to check out the newly released Bonus Edit of the videoâ€â€Âwith never-before-seen footage and an alternate spin at DC’s new minisite GYMKHANA. If you haven’t seen the original video prepare yourself for a bonus edit that presents the footage in a different light, and while you’re at it make sure and peep the first video too.

The first edit of the video was put on kenblockracing.com, dcshoes.com, youtube.com, streetfire.net, shredordie.com and vimeo.com with little promotion and became an instant viral success in all circles, capturing over 20 million viewers to date in just four short months. The Gymkhana Practice video also swept Youtube, the world’s most popular user-generated video website, by owning the number one spots in the Auto and Vehicles categories for Top Favorited (All Time) and Top Rated (All Time) honors.

The newly released Bonus Edit adds a playful twist that has been remixed to Harry Belafonte’s, “Jump in the Line†and Gioacchino Rossini’s, “The Thieving Magpie†music featuring behind-the-scenes footage, out takes, slow motion money shots, and crash footage. This new video clip can be found on DC’s minisite at GYMKHANA. The site also features a Gallery with exclusive unreleased photos from the two-day shoot, a Downloads section with videos and wallpaper and a Car Specs section featuring all the technical details of Block’s car.

Gymkhana – jim-kah-nuh is an automotive sport that takes place on an open tarmac area such as a parking lot or old airfield, and requires drivers to push their limits of car control and unlock their true abilities while skillfully maneuvering their cars around a series of cones, slaloms, 180-degree turns, 360-degree turns, figure eight turns or other obstacles using extreme acceleration, braking, and drifting.

If you know anything about rally, you know the top drivers are precise, technical, and able to turn and drift their machines on a dime at the highest speeds. For this practice session, Block, who is a professional rally car driver for Subaru Rally Team USA and three-time X Games medalist, created an insane gymkhana “on steroids†course around El Toro airfield to showcase his high-speed technical prowess on the tarmac.

When Block isn’t rally racing he pushes the limits of gymkhana. For this private practice session he brought along the guys from Mad Media to document the action. After Crawford Performance custom-tuned his supremely versatile Subaru WRX STI, he took gymkhana to another level by testing his driving skills with first-ever donuts spun around a moving object (Segway), perhaps the most hyped part of the video. Segway pilot and director of the clip, Josh Martelli deserves a shout out for stepping up to the plate in this dangerous scenario.

To celebrate the insane footage from the original Gymkhana Practice video, DC created a series of limited edition tees. Check them out along with other official Subaru Rally Team USA product (available exclusively from DC) at GYMKHANA.

###

About DC:

Founded by Ken Block and Damon Way in 1993, DC quickly grew to a leader in performance skateboarding shoes and renowned action sports brand. Today DC stands as a global brand whose product line has expanded to include men’s, women’s and kids’ skateboarding and lifestyle shoes, apparel, snowboards, snowboard boots, outerwear, and accessories.

As one of the cornerstones of its marketing strategy, DC has built a world-class team of professional skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, motocross and rally athletes that exemplify and enhance DC’s brand, develop its signature products, and support its promotional efforts. DC is a subsidiary of Quiksilver, Inc.

Thanks for posting this.
The first video I had seen was insane.

Anybody have a hyped up WRX I can borrow???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back