All UTV's Just before the belt breaks

badassmav

While pre running, Marc noticed what appeared to be a belt slipping.
He stopped, and removed the belt, and this is what he found. When we lose a belt, there is no evidence that a belt ever existed. A wadded up ball of yarn maybe, but no chunks of rubber, or pieces of belt. Just a stringy mess of knotted up strands of what used to be rubber.

Attachments

• 022 (2).JPG
    022 (2).JPG
    585.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    611.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    587.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    632 KB · Views: 59
thats weird that they are seperating in a pattern. i was told they make belts in a big long tube and cut them off in "rings". Which would make me think there would not be mulitple weak spots.

good info to know, since we never see anything before the big BOOM and shreaded belt goes flying out the clutch exhaust tube.

on another note, it sucks to see you still having belt issues.

The broken belt happened on the pre runner. I've done some additional mods on the Monster Mav to keep things cooler down there, so we'll see in tomorrows testing if it paid off. If it doesn't pay off, we'll be the ones paying off come the end of the Baja 500:D!!

Looks like you guys changed it before that happens. I have had belts start slipping and I will change them before they go. And yet always have chunks missing like that. Then there's other times when the belt goes before we can change it. And it's like you said. It's as if there was never a belt there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back