Jack/Repair kit to carry with UTV

Danny11d

Anyone know what you typically would use for a jack and basic maint. kit for off road UTV racing? I mean something you'd carry on the UTV. I saw a basic Kragen style one that was like 30 lbs. Hell, by the time I finish this thing it's going weigh a ton..any ideas?

Anyone know what you typically would use for a jack and basic maint. kit for off road UTV racing? I mean something you'd carry on the UTV. I saw a basic Kragen style one that was like 30 lbs. Hell, by the time I finish this thing it's going weigh a ton..any ideas?

Check out pro armor's they have a really nice one that mounts to your spare, and it has an integrated pad so it doesn't sink in the sand. proarmor.com

For racing you are going to want to carry a spare and a jack. The jack I use is off of a 1950's VW. But the hot set up is the CO2 powered QuikJak from Baja Designs. https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/C-401/KWIK+JAK

For play riding, I simply carry a high quality tire plug kit and a cheapo 12V air compressor in the Lock and Ride cargo box that most Polaris dealer carry. I have used the plugs and compressor too many times until I got my tire pressure up, up but it works well.

I am with BajaXP on this one! The Baja Designs QuikJak is amazing! I have seen both Crowdog and Team Green use their's and they work really well. Crowdog's uses the little Co2 containers to power it while Team Green uses a small air tank for his.

If you want to go with a Jack then make sure you get a really light weight aluminum race jack! But if weight is a concern then go Baja Designs all the way!!!

We use a RV scissor jack for the race car that has a plate welded to the top and bottom..nice thing about the RV scissor jack is that it already has a lugnut style connector for your lug wrench or battery powered impact (what we carry in the racer)...they are available at most RV supply places (CampingWorld etc) for about $20.. I do like the Pro-armor kit too...looks perfect for everyday use but a little pricy at $149

Hey Danny11D here are the specs on Baja Designs Kwik Jak.
Kwik Jak
- 6†Stroke
- Weighs only 4.5 lbs.
- Quick fill - lifts vehicle in seconds!
- Only 12.5†collapsed length
- Adjustable height
Lift Capacities:
25g Cartridge
1350 lbs lift
38g Cartridge
2400 lbs lift
20oz. Bottle
2400 lbs lift
https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-620450/Kwik+Jak
and a link for the mount https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-620444/Kwik+Jak,+Jack+Mount+Black
Pm me for utv underground pricing if you're interested in one!

We use a RV scissor jack for the race car that has a plate welded to the top and bottom..nice thing about the RV scissor jack is that it already has a lugnut style connector for your lug wrench or battery powered impact (what we carry in the racer)...they are available at most RV supply places (CampingWorld etc) for about $20.. I do like the Pro-armor kit too...looks perfect for everyday use but a little pricy at $149

x2.

Here's some things ( for a RZR set up BUT WILL WORK FOR OTHER SXS ALSO )

SPARE BELT AND THE TOOLS TO GET TO IT (STAR SOCKETS )
AIR PUMP & PLUGS / SPARE TIRE
SPARE FUSE
JACK AND TOOLS TO TAKE TIRE OFF
NORMAL HAND TOOLS KIT AND A SPARE NUT BOLT KIT
TOW STRAP 25'/50' TAKE YOUR PICK
CELL PHONE, RADIO,GPS ,SPOT GPS , MAPS
FIRST AID KIT , TP , MATCHES
FIRE EX.

or even less at the junkyard they work great and if your on a budget even better :D

the baja designs one is very nice they build a great product

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back