Historic Season for Can-Am Off-Road Racers

UTVUGJake

Historic Season For Can-Am Off-Road Racers

Record season includes SCORE Class 19, GNCC XC1 SxS and 4×4 Pro Titles

Valcourt, Québec, December 11, 2014 –BRP’s Can-Am ATV and side-by-side racers earned a record number of wins and championships across North America in 2014. Racers secured more than 16 total championships, including the first GNCC XC1 Modified (side-by-side) class and SCORE International Class 19 Pro side-by-side championship.

canam1_zps87e09eb9.jpg

Kyle Chaney (Chaney Racing / Can-Am) won the 2014 Grand National Cross Country XC1 Modified (side-by-side) class championship in his Can-Am Maverick 1000R X rs unit, giving BRP its first ever GNCC side-by-side title. ©BRP 2014

Team member Kyle Chaney earned BRP its first GNCC XC1 Modified (side-by-side) class title behind the wheel of his Can-Am Maverick 1000R side-by-side vehicle. Chaney recorded three consecutive event overall wins and had four total podiums in six rounds of racing.

canam2_zps2e16f630.jpg

Kyle Chaney hoists the GNCC National Championship number plate after securing the 2014 XC 1 Modified (side-by-side) title at the series finale.

“It was a great year winning the GNCC XC1 overall championship. I’m proud to be a part of such a historic season,†said Chaney. “The Can-Am Maverick vehicle comes off the showroom floor pretty much ready to race, and the new Maverick X ds Turbo model with the first factory-installed turbocharger will change the game.â€

canam3_zpsb15adc88.jpg

Bryan Buckhannon won the first GNCC 4×4 Pro class championship this year aboard his ATV Parts Plus / Can-Am Renegade 4×4. ©BRP 2014

BRP’s Can-Am racing team captured numerous ATV and side-by-side championships across America, like the inaugural GNCC 4×4 Pro class, its first GNCC XC2 Limited side-by-side crown and around a dozen more titles in respected mud, motocross and endurance racing circuits.

xanam4_zps5171cc61.jpg

Can-Am also took home its first SCORE International Class 19 (Pro side-by–side) title in 2014. ©BRP 2014

Whether it’s the powerful and precise configuration of the Maverick 1000R side-by-side or the impressive and aggressive makeup of the Renegade line-up, Can-Am vehicles are built for those seeking to reach the podium.

“The racing community chooses the Can-Am brand because our vehicles offer industry-leading performance and unmatched dynamics. Our historic season gives us momentum for the upcoming season and undoubtedly reinforces our message that the ride says it all,†said Philippe Normand, director, Global Marketing, Can-Am off-road.

:eek:Ouch. Somebody's bitter!
It's funny that we didn't receive much mention throughout the season in the racing videos department, as they were sponsored by our competition. Now that we won the championship, we are yet again left out of the accolades. I gotta have a tee shirt printed up that says, "Rodney Dangerfield Racing":confused::rolleyes:

The coveted desert championship that has eluded Can-am is now a reality, and cost them very little to obtain. We never asked for, nor expected preferential treatment. Equal treatment would have sufficed. They can't be surprised that Marc didn't re-sign. Given what we have learned over the last 2 seasons, I was looking forward to reinventing the Monster Mav, and competing with a UTE more equally matched to the competition. Now, Marc is on a mission to again prove the viability of our new package, and I'm starting from scratch to supply him with fast and reliable equipment to reach that goal. It could be a rough start, but then again, it might just turn out ok.........

Hey Reid,
Knowing how you, Marc, and the team operate. I'd say the best is yet to come.
By the way......You gettin thirsty ??
Mike

Hey Reid,
Knowing how you, Marc, and the team operate. I'd say the best is yet to come.
By the way......You gettin thirsty ??
Mike
I was thirsty since I missed you last time. I'm heading out of town for a week or two, so wait til then before stopping by if you can. But if you came now, and brought lots of stout, I might just stay in town:confused:..

I will Pm you my cell # and you can text or call me when you get back. Then Sheryl and I will come pay you liquid visit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back