First utv purchase. Need expert advise

Frcefed

So not really sure what section to post this up in but here it goes.

Ideally I would like to build a tube chassis and go race SCORE/BITD. But I plan to get one season in locally in a mostly stock machine with a long travel. I live in the Midwest so I would be running in MOOR.

So initial SxS purchase.

2person short wheelbase, lighter, faster?

4person, longer, more stable?

From my snowmobile experience I am no fan of polaris engines so I'm looking toward the Can-Am.

Need input on what class to look into building for. There might already be a thread like this and I didn't find it. Any help/contacts is appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

So not really sure what section to post this up in but here it goes.

Ideally I would like to build a tube chassis and go race SCORE/BITD. But I plan to get one season in locally in a mostly stock machine with a long travel. I live in the Midwest so I would be running in MOOR.

So initial SxS purchase.

2person short wheelbase, lighter, faster?

4person, longer, more stable?

From my snowmobile experience I am no fan of polaris engines so I'm looking toward the Can-Am.

Need input on what class to look into building for. There might already be a thread like this and I didn't find it. Any help/contacts is appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

We prefer the long wheelbase cars, but there is a give and take either way. I personally would choose the Polaris hands down in this fight. The Polaris take's a lot less effort to make it a race car. If you decide on Polaris give us a call as we have a chassis package available all the way up to full race ready turn key package available.

Thanks for the quick response. Called and got some very needed information. Now to talk to the keeper of the check book and take a ride out to California.

Let's go racing

I'm not a racer but I know Can Am just came out with a new model and made allot of improvements. K nobody has one built into a race car yet. My friend Barb just ordered one and is waiting for it to be delivered in November. She got the turbo model but there is a n/a version.

I'm not a racer but I know Can Am just came out with a new model and made allot of improvements. K nobody has one built into a race car yet. My friend Barb just ordered one and is waiting for it to be delivered in November. She got the turbo model but there is a n/a version.
As Crazy said I'm waiting for my turbo
I put money down on a Commander before I even know what they looked like, Im glad I did..it wasn't the suspension we were all hoping for but as far as engine performance I was very happy..
When the Maverick came out there wasn't enough of a difference to warrant another SXS..however when the turbo came out was a definite reason to up grade and there is talk of an ECU reflash in the works..
Can Am may have issues in some areas of design, however I think they have less then Polaris
Good luck with what ever you decide to purchase

Thanks for the input. I love turbos, as every vehicle I currently own is made better/more fun by the turbo. But the issue is that a turbo is not currently legal in desert racing so I would definitely have to go N/A.

I am really looking for input from a professional chassis builder as I want my own racing machine.

I am a welder/fabricator by trade, but I dont have a Jig table yet as I am in process of remodeling my house and the garage is in the works.

I know its probably not possible but I would really like to volunteer my time as a welder/fabricator in exchange for access to a building facility and actually a spot on a race team.

I know big dreams but who really volunteers to weld technically for Free, I just want to learn.

Thanks to all that can help me reach my goals, and let me know if I can help anyone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back