Feature Vehicle: JBR Racing Can-Am Maverick

Killin it with our CT Race Worx shocks. We're proud to sponsor Robert, he's been running solid!

i love the spare tire carrier and back end of the cage. But not clutch upgrade?

Nope, ever heard the term if it aint broke don't fix it lol. Well, I have had an entire stm qsc clutch setup sitting on the shelf and I refuse to mess with it because I have had zero problems with the stock setup. The Stock primary is the best one you can use for desert racing since it draws in the most air. Really the only advantages I have heard of for a different clutch is that I grabs harder but holeshots are less important than constant long engagement of the clutch. Well 99% of the clutch problems people have especially in desert racing is the belt heating up because its staying in one spot for an extended period of time. The heat from the sheaves transfers over to the belt and bam blown belt. So we are running a temp gauge and keeping on eye on the belt temp which stays decently cool since we cut a hole in the side of the clutch cover over the secondary for a second intake and wrapped the header. We are also not running any plastics under the driver's seat. That's just my experience and what is working for me.

I'm in the same boat, I have an STM rage 6 and second gen secondary in the garage. Haven't put them in because the stocker has not let me down at any of my races, the steering in the other hand sucks.
Pat

One of the more reliable setups is a factory primary with the updated stud and a STM secondary.
Aftermarket primarys haven't proven themselves to be reliable. I've broke two myself.

I'm in the same boat, I have an STM rage 6 and second gen secondary in the garage. Haven't put them in because the stocker has not let me down at any of my races, the steering in the other hand sucks.
Pat

IM RUNNING A 2014 BOX WITH A STEERING BOX BRACE AND HOLDING UP MUCH BETTER THAN THE 2013 STOCK SETUP.

Nope, ever heard the term if it aint broke don't fix it lol. Well, I have had an entire stm qsc clutch setup sitting on the shelf and I refuse to mess with it because I have had zero problems with the stock setup. The Stock primary is the best one you can use for desert racing since it draws in the most air. Really the only advantages I have heard of for a different clutch is that I grabs harder but holeshots are less important than constant long engagement of the clutch. Well 99% of the clutch problems people have especially in desert racing is the belt heating up because its staying in one spot for an extended period of time. The heat from the sheaves transfers over to the belt and bam blown belt. So we are running a temp gauge and keeping on eye on the belt temp which stays decently cool since we cut a hole in the side of the clutch cover over the secondary for a second intake and wrapped the header. We are also not running any plastics under the driver's seat. That's just my experience and what is working for me.

interesting. I am running the rage 6 with steel spider and stm secondary. I blew through the stock setup at 420 miles and 3 belts in the dunes. I do drive agressively full on the gas or off with paddle tires. With the STM setup i have had zero issues.

interesting. I am running the rage 6 with steel spider and stm secondary. I blew through the stock setup at 420 miles and 3 belts in the dunes. I do drive agressively full on the gas or off with paddle tires. With the STM setup i have had zero issues.

Yea i think every application takes a different setup so your setup probably wont work well for what i use the car for and obviously vise versa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back