David Nagy Racing Lucas Oil Off Road Regionals at Glen Helen

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
David Nagy Racing Lucas Oil Off Road Regionals at Glen Helen July 6, 2013​

As always, getting the RZR XP prepped and ready for the Lucas Oil Off Road Regionals is a lot of work. I couldn’t do it without the love and support of my wonderful wife Maricela, the help and dedication of those that sponsor me, my friends and fellow racers who lend a hand without asking for anything in return. Thank you Wayne Matlock for being such a big help in more ways than I can mention in a press release, Alba Racing; Nate & Richie and the whole gang for making the baddest RZR on the track, Bob & Diane Bell at Precision Concepts Racing, Chuck DeWent at Action Powder Coating, all the guys and gals at Black Rhino and Jason for being my spotter, Racer X Motorsports, Inc. , Tim Neidhardt for your awesome fabrication and being a great guy, Gregory Scott Row for helping me with my car, teaching me how to race and for being a friend.

Friday July 5th Practice Day:
I ordered new shocks and Bob & Diane Bell at Precision Concepts Racing made sure they were on the car and ready to go. I had to drive up Friday to pick up my car at their shop in Riverside, so I could replace the front axel and rotor. Thank goodness they let me work in their shop as it was really hot and I needed help getting the bolts out of the rotor. Their knowledgeable staff jumped right in and got me going. Practice was another challenge as the RZR was overheating and going into limp mode. I was afraid I blew another head gasket and thought my race was over before it got started. I know I don’t need to tell you all this but, I was bummed.

Saturday July 6th Race Day:
It’s hard to describe what racing in the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series - SoCal is like but I can tell you this, IT’s A BLAST! I'm so lucky to be able to do this with my good friends and family.

“It’s On!†Race Time:
I started 6th out of 8 cars and as the flag dropped, I've got the pedal to the metal! Mud flying in my face, the sound of motors roaring and it’s on! Tires are rubbing, cars flying through the air and there is carnage everywhere. I'm in 5th, 4th, 3rd… Man, is this shit fun! I’m getting into my groove and I’m looking at taking down 2nd place when my engine starts to overheat... Crap, now I just want to finish! Yellow flag! Thank God... The engine cools to 225 degrees, she's running hot, green flag drops and I was sleeping at the wheel, giving 2nd a gap. DAMN, I’m not close enough. 2nd takes a huge jump. Won't let that happen again... Gaining, I can take him. Ohhh no, Overheating! Crap, come on baby! Just make it... Please just make it... White flag, one more lap... Crap, overheating... Aaahhhhhh, go girl. One more lap. Please one more... CHECKERED flag, YES!!!! 3rd place, I'll take it! AWESOME race!

Nice write up and good job out there.I will try to get my race report up tonite.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back