Cody Rahders Sweeps LOORRS Glen Helen

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
DSC_5741.jpg
Cody Rahders Sweeps Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series Glen Helen

Alpine, CA 5/25/11 - After suffering a vehicle fire (which he put out himself) at Round 3, a ball joint failure the first lap of the main at Round 4 Cody put together two solid performances at Glen Helen and came away with the overall wins from both Rounds 5 and 6 in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series UTV class but it was not without its problems.

On the second lap of the main during Round 5 Cody was in the middle of two other cars going three wide into turn 3 where he ended up getting spit out of the mix and high siding the car turning one complete rotation in the air before landing back on his tires. He then re-fired his engine, restarted the race in last place, and proceeded to put in 12 flawless laps that had him pass nine competitors and win the main by nearly four seconds.

Upon exiting his vehicle he stated “Man that was fun but I can’t feel my hands. We were so lucky to land right side up that I decided if the car felt close to ok I was going to hang it out and see where it would get me. With Joe Moore tuning my (Fox) shocks and Troy Patterson of Tyree Motorsports working with us on chassis set up my car handled awesome and it really paid off today.â€

With his win from Round 5 the Superchips/Frosty Burger #816 was the first car to qualify for Round 6 and with a clean, well prepped track he set the pole. Once the green flag flew he jumped out in front and went on to win the main event wire to wire. “With Doug (Mittag) starting #2, Dan (Kelly) starting 3, and Corry (Weller) starting #5 they pressured me the entire race and kept me honest, Utah is going to fun.â€

Cody and R3motorsports would like to thank the following; Superchips Performance Engine Tuners, Frosty Burger of Pine Valley, Fox Racing Shox, Weller Racing, SFI Designs Fabrication, Black Rhino Performance, Deviate Films, Troy Patterson and Tyree motorsports, SGI Wraps, Racer Tech, Streamline Performance, K & N Filters, Cognito Motorsports, Fatography, and JoeyD of the UTVunderground.

DSC_5756.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back