Built a Baja Bug Slash For My Daughter..Christmas Present

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
This started out as a standard RTR Slash that I have had for well over a year now. It was pretty beat up and has sat on the shelf. Havign got myself a couple Team Associated SC10's I had no interest in the Slash but then when deciding to give my Son a Slash for Christmas that I had traded for I decided I would pull my old Slash out and rebuild it for my Daughter so she too could have one for Christmas.

So I started by stripping the entire car down tot he chassis pulling everything a part and giving it a solid clean. I then replaced the motor, gears, and rebuilt and re oiled all the shocks repainting the coils. I have recently taught the kids the game Slug Bug and so being they ahve really fallen in love with the VW Bug I thought it would be cool to turn this truck into a Pink Baja Bug.

I went out and found a body at the local hobby shop and bought some polycarbonate pink paint. I also picked up some white plastic paint to paint the stock wheels with. Lets just say I had to make another trip to the hobby store to buy new wheels and tires! hahah BFG Mud Terrains now wrap some simulated white beadlocks. I painted the body and then backed it with some white paint. I then trimmed it all up with some curved body sissors and punched the body mount holes and also mounted the included wing with some awesome tiny anodized blue hardware.

Overall I think the car turned out awesome. I will post more pics after I give it to them for Chistmas. I also took some builf pics.

DSC_6354.jpg

DSC_6355.jpg

DSC_6351.jpg

DSC_6350.jpg

Below is my sons
DSC_6356.jpg

Here is how my Slash used to look.....
DSC_7891.jpg

Then I did my first body....
DSC_7919.jpg

Members online

No members online now.