2013 SCORE Tecate San Felipe 250 - official thread

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Ok, we are only 6 1/2 weeks away from the San Felipe 250. Who is racing it? Rumor has it that there will be over 100 miles of new course. Roger Norman (new owner) has full embrace UTV's and there is a Pro UTV class.

He is also saying that the TV package will cover all classes and be aired all over the world on ESPN and affiliates. Nothing is better than San Felipe in March. Temps in the high 70's, beautiful views of the Sea of Cortez and the best shrimp tacos on earth. Sign ups should open later this week.

Let's try and get a dozen UTV's there for the new Pro Class!

We will be there with the trusty Rhino... for what may be its last SCORE race. Also we will be supporting Greg Row and his team as well. To make things interesting we may have a few of our compadres from Mexico racing in a Wildcat and another in a XP. Hoping this is the year it goes UTV CRAZY!!! Oh ya and besides the shrimp tacos I can not wait for some almejas and Tecates!

Nate
Alba Racing

almejas? What is that?

I am thinking Cory, my BFF Sean Cook, Denis Jean, the Murry's, Bill Morris, Cognito, and several others. Who else? I will try and answer as many questions as I can, but as you know... I don't even know what almejas are (is)? Haha :D

LOL , bajaxp almejas are clams. I dream about Almejas al vapor(steamed clams) when I am away from San Felipe! A big plate of steamers and a few cold beers are about as good as it gets.

Nate
Alba Racing

Not racing but my buddies and I will be down to spectate and cheer you guys on! 4th year of going down watching the race, riding some sweet single track, and eating bacon wrapped shrimp on the Malacon!:D One of my favorite trips of the year!

Desert Toyz Can-Am X Team will be racing along with Murray Racing. We will both be in our new Mavericks. Can-Am has a great contingency program for SCORE. I am so excited to race in Baja!!!

The team of Gregory Scott Row, David Nagy, and Michael "Speedy" Gonzales. will be out in force again in March

Great! How many UTV's will race between Row, Ragy and Speedy?

BTW...Polaris is offering the same contingency that they offer for BITD, also for SCORE. $1000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd.

According to Jake Velasco, the head SCORE tech guy, we get to keep our numbers. The lady I called at SCORE said we do not. Hmmm...I am going with Jake's answer. Haha You do need to get your UTV chassis tagged and this can be done by Jake in San Diego at the Norman Motorsports facility or by Art Savedra in Vegas. Cost is $250 and the tag is good for a year.

I really need to plan a SF250 trip...too close to the Mint this year.

Watch out for the bacon wrapped hotdogs (BWH), they can tear you up! :D and no stage diving at Iguana's!

I really need to plan a SF250 trip...too close to the Mint this year.

Watch out for the bacon wrapped hotdogs (BWH), they can tear you up! :D and no stage diving at Iguana's!

Naw...it isn't too close. You have two weeks to get her all washed off and ready for the Mint. Do both! What car are we talking about?

Naw...it isn't too close. You have two weeks to get her all washed off and ready for the Mint. Do both! What car are we talking about?

Not UTV...just pit help. Already took time off for Mint, so next year it looks like SF250! Got a couple friend racing the Mint & might help a 7200 team:D

Well the tech inspection thing for UTV's appears to be becoming a lot more clear. Stay tuned! :)

I also heard that there is going to be a lot of new course and even some virgin, never before raced upon course added. No Motomi wash which is kind of a bummer, but I think Roger is going to run a north route and Matomi is pretty far south.

So far...and I mean so far, there appears to be 8-10 UTV's committed for San Felipe. If you have ever had the 'Baja itch' come out and race it. I will do my best to answer any and all questions here on UTVUG, or you can PM me. Where to stay, how to go through tech, what you need when crossing border, etc. We need to show the world that UTV's are the real deal and we deserve to be in Baja. Viva San Felipe and viva SCORE! Woot...woot!

Still haven't heard a word from Jean, Morris, Cook, Lansky and the Cognito crew. Going to join the fun, warm weather, and fish tacos in San Felipe? Anybod know if Graves is racing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back