2012 KOH UTV Race Course Map

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
331147_10150534090778912_536028911_8948894_453002872_o.jpg

Am I looking at this correctly that the course goes clockwise? So the Hammers region will be early in the race?

It's a desert race until RM 45 where it gets to the rock trail Elvis. It hits Martel at RM20 but the isn't really anything on that trail that will slow any of the entries down much.

Most of the course is whooped out but there is a few miles of Score type course where cars can reach some impressive speeds.

Things should slow down when it gets to the Sun Bonnet pass area and some real rock sections and then open up again with rough desert to the finish.

I'll be sweeping for KOH so I get to see all of the carnage!

It is counterclockwise so the rock sections are last. If it ran clockwise they'd be going up Elvis which would really be tough!

So we're going up the sand hill at rm80 (ish)?

The map I'm looking at only shows up to RM 78.5 at the finish so I'm not sure what you're looking at. There are no tough sand hill sections. There is some more sand after the big rock sections but no big hills.

That Rotax can handle all the sand you throw at it!

I just talked to Vanbeekum. He pre-ran today and said the course was easy! 90% wide open trails, and some moderate rock crawling. They ran the course in stock Teryx 4's and had no issues.

Just got off the coarse its a blast. What a great mix of rocks and desert racing. The teryx4 & my pit car 4 seat teryx went through fine. It's all about the good lines.

Does anyone have the actual GPS file yet? Or do we have to see PCI for that?

I was able to convert the google earth file back to a .gpx file. I downloaded Motionx app on my phone and then I emailed the file .gpx file to myself. When I clicked on the file it prompted me to open with motionx and done KOH on my iPhone.

42574325-65f7-8aee.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back